Buying an a3 s-line with 115k miles? ADVICE PLEASE

Mrbubblegum

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have recently seen an advert for a 13 plate a3 s line sportback 1.4 petrol for £8000.

I have done an mot check on it and in 2016 the car had only done 19k and every year after was basically a 30k year for the car.

My average mileage a year is under 6k so I wouldn’t be adding that much to it in all honesty.

My question is, how well does the engine hold up after them miles, as this looks like it is mainly motorway miles would this be a good buy? It has had a timing belt change at 80k and is mot till April 2020, so has a while to go, it does say the front break pads are wearing thin on the advisory notes of the mot is this a costly fix?

Has anyone got any experience with a high mileage car such as this does it still run smooth?

Thanks for you replies

Hi Mate,

My son ran an A3 1.4 s-line a couple of years ago, it was in lovely condition with high spec and quite a rare one being an auto with s-tronic.

It was on 125k with full history (timing belt at 90k) when we bought it which made it a lot of car for the money. It was at 145K when we moved it on. It ran really well the engine was faultless and pulled really well (123bhp). It was a great car & ideal for his first car.

Only issues we had was a new battery (expensive with stop/start!!) & the s-tronic box was starting to show signs of age.

Don't think pads are a costly fix. I hope this helps.

Cheers :racer: