Buying an RS3

Arkious

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently looking at an RS3, which is priced at £26,000. It is a 62 plate on 40k and has had 4 owners but comes with 1 years warranty with Audi.

Would you go for it? 4 owners is putting me off but knowing its an RS I presume people buy them for a bit fun then they are done with them. What should I be looking for? services etc, condition of anything in particular?

I have been torn between the RS3 8P and S3 8P but the fact the RS3 has held value better to me seems like a better buy even if it is a bit older.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks :)

Yes, no question :superman:

Make sure it has 12-month MOT, and that it's service history is up to date with a recent service to include oil change if possible; and just make sure of that 12-month Audi warranty. Take a good long look at both tyres (best on MPSS) and brakes (best on EBC Redstuff), especially the brakes. And make sure ALL 'updates' have been done, here's a list:
39E1: Haldex
20T9: Fuel Pump
SVM01A098: ECU
SVM02A039: ECU
661G: Offside inner wheel duct
46F8: Offside front brake duct
4716: Brake caliper, brake pads and brake discs
48J6: (checksum error only)
TPI2029738: Code change for the rear license plate illumination, rear wipe, etc
2029184/1: Passenger sport seat - which has been reported as noisy (rattles)

Capel Curig P1010776 mod

Last edited:
Hello,

I am currently looking at an RS3, which is priced at £26,000. It is a 62 plate on 40k and has had 4 owners but comes with 1 years warranty with Audi.

Would you go for it? 4 owners is putting me off but knowing its an RS I presume people buy them for a bit fun then they are done with them. What should I be looking for? services etc, condition of anything in particular?

I have been torn between the RS3 8P and S3 8P but the fact the RS3 has held value better to me seems like a better buy even if it is a bit older.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks :)

Honestly mate firstly choose the RS3 or else you'd regret it when an RS pulls up beside you.

I'm the 4th owner of mine and probably the last owner as the car is superb in every way. I've added all the 'better' mods to make this car even better.

You want to check for a service history, any Audi warranty claims, brake condition and go for a test drive

Reactions: 45bvtc
Thanks very much for that info, how do I go about checking if the updates have been carried out? It's from an Audi Approved garage so I can use the warranty at any Audi garage.

I should have said RS3 8P and S3 8V* but so far the RS3 the one I'm more set on.

I am going to get all the info I can from the dealer today. I assume it having buckets pushes the purchase price up a fair bit, but is that price right for the motor? Cheers :)

ASK the Audi dealer: the Audi service department will give you chapter and verse on the cars Audi history to include ALL updates.

I've recently purchased, from 100-mile distant, a 3-owner, twin charge A1 Black Edition with 12-month Audi warranty; got the car back to Staffordshire and then got the documented Audi history to include everything down to a rear wiper complaint; you can do the same.

The photo's show what can only be described as a good looking car, Jay, and I really see no reason not to purchase; welcome to the 8P Audi RS3, it's a cracking motor car :superman:

Reactions: Arkious and JayA3sline
And so this now 'SOLD' 8P RS3 is due for collection by an ASN member:

Sold

HAPPY days Jay; happy days... Go and enjoy...
Cartoon_car_2.gif

Reactions: Arkious and Sandra