Buying an S2

azzwad

Reaction score
hi, ile be on the market looking for an s2 in the next few weeks, is there anything i should be looking for, as ive not had a turbo 4x4 car before, ive just sold my vdub vr6, which i addored, im now after a bit ov turbo power, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

If you go to www.S2forum.com you will be educated in the way of the S2

Good bits and Bad

Be prepared to pay if it is a good one

Happy Hunting

Steve

Could you give some information on common points of interest to look at on the S2. I’m intending to buy a good example S2 20V T Quattro for around 5-7K but I would like to know where problems could occur. Does the S2 have any weak areas such as handling or poor engine cooling that can be solved with any aftermarket parts? I would be refurbing the engine and chassis if the example was good but with high miles (as most are)

Thanks.

Main area of concern will be brakes. The S2 was fitted with poor brakes for it's size and power (same as the brakes on a mk2 G60 if I remember rightly), so you will need to spend out on this unless you can find one which has already been upgraded. Also, be sure to ensure that the Quattro system is all fully operational.

Then all the usual things that apply to buying a second (or probably fourth or fifth by now) hand high power sports car!

Sharky said:
Could you give some information on common points of interest to look at on the S2. I’m intending to buy a good example S2 20V T Quattro for around 5-7K but I would like to know where problems could occur. Does the S2 have any weak areas such as handling or poor engine cooling that can be solved with any aftermarket parts? I would be refurbing the engine and chassis if the example was good but with high miles (as most are)

Thanks.

Which one are you going for as we might have some history of the car for you

Cheers

Don't worry about sourcing brakes, I can cater for all tastes
allon2.JPG

RS6 eight piston calipers on a 364 floating disc - 18" wheels required

S2Avant said:
Don't worry about sourcing brakes, I can cater for all tastes
allon2.JPG

RS6 eight piston calipers on a 364 floating disc - 18" wheels required

How much would this sort of set up cost???

kriswithak said:
Main area of concern will be brakes. The S2 was fitted with poor brakes for it's size and power (same as the brakes on a mk2 G60 if I remember rightly), so you will need to spend out on this unless you can find one which has already been upgraded. Also, be sure to ensure that the Quattro system is all fully operational.

Then all the usual things that apply to buying a second (or probably fourth or fifth by now) hand high power sports car!

Is there any tests you can do on the Quattro system apart from driving the car? Also what is the build quality like? Are parts easy to come by? Id imagine id keep the car standard apart from maybe an aftermarket air filter and exhaust system, maybe suspension and some audi alloys but im after a good clean car first so won't start dreaming just yet. Points of concern on the engine if any? Coming from Peugeot owenership id like to have a less hassle car :p