Buying an s6 c7 Saloon, 2016 tips?

aspire2010

Reaction score
hey chaps, haven't posted in ages and can't seem to figure out the search function very well because when i search for s6 and rs6 related stuff i get a load of garbage or nothing at all. (bit of a noob on here)

so just quickly, looking at an s6 saloon around £30k .

any common problems i need to know about?

also what parts are different from the saloon s6 vs the rs6 because I'm interested in putting an rs6 front bumper on, will it fit straight on?

also rear diffuser options... are their any good ones?

front wings... are they wider on the rs6?

and what were the available optional extras for the s6 from new ? want to make sure i buy a car with all the decent ones :)

thanks folks

There are known issues with the 4.0T engine, which you may be unlucky to encounter.
  • Turbo failure caused by blocked oil filters on the turbo oil supply line (Engine failure)
  • PCV valve failure (Loud whistling sound when engine running, oil cap difficult to remove. Sound stops when run without oil cap fitted)
  • Active engine mount failure (Only found if you scan for fault codes - can be hydraulic fluid leak also and excessive engine vibration)
If your going into a low mileage example, or higher with full maintenance history and a warranty, then I wouldn’t be too worried. If your buying privately, then I would be a little more cautious.

Out of warranty, the above are £££ to repair.

Not overly familiar with the S/RS6’s as I’m in an S7. From memory the RS6 does have wider front arches.

The optional extras are very pretty identical to the standard A6, apart from the sports diff and air suspension which I think became standard around 2017 on the S6 BE models (I might be out on the dates)
Sports seats also standard but you could opt for the comfort ones, same for the flat bottomed wheel.
Google Audi A6 brochure 2016 there’s plenty out there. This shows what was available to option.

The RS6 does have wider wings to fit the bumper, but from memory there are some aftermarket RS6 bumpers that fit the standard wings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The optional extras are very pretty identical to the standard A6, apart from the sports diff and air suspension which I think became standard around 2017 on the S6 BE models (I might be out on the dates)
Sports seats also standard but you could opt for the comfort ones, same for the flat bottomed wheel.
Google Audi A6 brochure 2016 there’s plenty out there. This shows what was available to option.

The RS6 does have wider wings to fit the bumper, but from memory there are some aftermarket RS6 bumpers that fit the standard wings

Here is a link to a UK 2016 MY brochure http://audi.ge/files/a6-s6-saloon-avant.pdf

Reactions: DonkeyIce
Thank you folks for the useful info, its very much appreciated, will check out the brochure.

im actually having a hard time justifying the 30k for the facelift version (2016ish) When a 2013 has prices down to around 20k obviously higher miles.

Facelift worth it, especially if it has the Tech Pack as that is 4g/LTE based rather than 3g. Overall the facelift (even for the basic A6) was just a nicer car and had a higher spec

Facelift worth it, especially if it has the Tech Pack as that is 4g/LTE based rather than 3g. Overall the facelift (even for the basic A6) was just a nicer car and had a higher spec

Definitely worth the facelift, From what I remember wasn’t the 450 engine introduced at facelift over the 420?
Pops and bangs also included on the FL

Definitely worth the facelift, From what I remember wasn’t the 450 engine introduced at facelift over the 420?
Pops and bangs also included on the FL

pops and bangs because of the extra BHP and engine tune, or because of the exhaust itself ?