Buying another S3- from the final 8P hatch batch

gabrialboy

Reaction score
Ok so tomorrow I need to make up my mind to proceed with the transaction or not....finance was approved today...

Ever since I sold my 08 manual I've been eyeing the facelifted models. And now 8 months into my Gti's life I'm about to trade spaces back to the quattro brigade.
Was offered an awesome discount, guess as the model is outgoing, so makes more sense than a Golf R. Tbh I also prefer the styling of the S3 even if it's "older" it's still an Audi.
As the last batch of S3 models I did not have much of an option spec wise so don't have any extras except for sunroof...In SA armrest, dim mirrors, rain light sensors comes std so basically have everything I want. Xenons, S tronic, ibis white and S Spoke alloys... Also wanted the black headlining and not the silver so I'm content with the unit offered to me. There was another one with the exact same spec but with the 18" rotor alloys... stunning wheels but silver headlining... so I'd rather settle with the S spokes as one can always upgrade the wheels aftermarket....

Well have a night to sleep over it....

I've been toying with the same idea. Selling my 8P2 S3 and ordering a new S3 with all the toys......was looking at the Audi Finance as I dont really wanna blow a lot of my gratuity in one go. I've not had a finance agreement for a long time so what would the ball park figure be on a new S3 with say 5k deposit.

I think you'd be looking at £450pcm over 48 months with a few options, for a manual S3 3-dr. Have a look at buyacar.co.uk to get some idea.

Try about £350 for a fastback S3 with 5k deposit.......its got me thinking now. May have to advertise my 8P2 S3........anyone want it. If you do then let me know.

Mods this is only testing the water so no need for classifieds yet.

As Rhianna says Rye.... Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger :gun2: lol!

Thinking about a S3 SB myself. Seen some tidy ones with pana roof for decent money.

My feet have been itchin all day mate..........just waiting for a reply to my offer to Audi. If they say yes then BINGO..........new S3 for me.......in Estoril blue crystal effect and it has 2 tone nappa leather......yummy. Its sitting in the showroom so no need to wait.....she shall be mine......mwooaahh!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RedDejavu
My feet have been itchin all day mate..........just waiting for a reply to my offer to Audi. If they say yes then BINGO..........new S3 for me.......in Estoril blue crystal effect and it has 2 tone nappa leather......yummy. Its sitting in the showroom so no need to wait.....she shall be mine......mwooaahh!!

sounds like a beauty although you sure its not a BMW. I swear Estoril blue is a beema colour!!?? correct me if im wrong please!!

I had originally put dark metallic blue then went into the Audi configurator and its classed as Estoril blue crystal effect. Just had another look and it is what I stated.

I had originally put dark metallic blue then went into the Audi configurator and its classed as Estoril blue crystal effect. Just had another look and it is what I stated.

im only messing anyways dude! excited for ya! hope all goes well and you'll have a new car soon enough! :)

Estoril blue is new on the list of colours for this year as that what I was getting originally before the java green, but decided it would look to dark with the black pack....be nice to see a picture as I searched and searched and couldnt find one which is why I changed my mind.

Have tee'd up my mate to take afew piccies so hopefully will get them shortly. Haven't received any news from the garage yet so.....no news is good news in my books.:anbet:

Just out of interest what are the payments on a new S3? With like a 5k deposit?

And here she is as promised. Still got my fingers crossed as mate is now away home as computers had crashed at Audi.....booo!!!

Sorry for hijacking the OP thread........wont happen again..

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Piccies taken with an iphone so apologies for quality.

THAT COLOUR! :wub: I think Monte Carlo blue is no longer my favourite colour...

That looks epic, good luck! Sunroof iswell!

I hate insurance. :banghead:

Actually that's a lie, Swindon Audi had a Merlin Purple A5. Best looking colour I've ever seen.

Just out of interest what are the payments on a new S3? With like a 5k deposit?

S3 BE SB, DSG, Pan roof, most extras, no buckets.

36K RRP
32K with discount
3.5K Deposit
22 x £475
2 Year PCP

GFV £19.5K ish

Cheers
Paul

And here she is as promised. Still got my fingers crossed as mate is now away home as computers had crashed at Audi.....booo!!!

Sorry for hijacking the OP thread........wont happen again..

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Piccies taken with an iphone so apologies for quality.

No worries Brodster, congrats on the new ride bud- good to see some interest in the so called "old" model.... I signed the OTP today :) Expecting delivery next week sometime...really like the rotor alloys but had to settle for the S Spokes. The unit with rotor alloys have the silver headlining and I wanted black. One can always change the alloys after market but headliner will be a mission. Lovely colour though!

Actually that's a lie, Swindon Audi had a Merlin Purple A5. Best looking colour I've ever seen.

Lincoln Audi have a Merlin Purple S3 Black Edition and I could have quite easily of have impulse bought it! I don't think I'd like £500 a month for 60 months :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so tomorrow I need to make up my mind to proceed with the transaction or not....finance was approved today...

Ever since I sold my 08 manual I've been eyeing the facelifted models. And now 8 months into my Gti's life I'm about to trade spaces back to the quattro brigade.
Was offered an awesome discount, guess as the model is outgoing, so makes more sense than a Golf R. Tbh I also prefer the styling of the S3 even if it's "older" it's still an Audi.
As the last batch of S3 models I did not have much of an option spec wise so don't have any extras except for sunroof...In SA armrest, dim mirrors, rain light sensors comes std so basically have everything I want. Xenons, S tronic, ibis white and S Spoke alloys... Also wanted the black headlining and not the silver so I'm content with the unit offered to me. There was another one with the exact same spec but with the 18" rotor alloys... stunning wheels but silver headlining... so I'd rather settle with the S spokes as one can always upgrade the wheels aftermarket....

Well have a night to sleep over it....

I think you will find that Audi will be be producing the current 8P S3 and Sportback for at least another 12 months as the new version of each one is not due until at least September 2013. The factory will be producing 8P models along side the new 3-door version. The A3 Sportback is the most popular model in the A3 range so they are not going to stop producing a version for 12 months. The production lines at Ingolstadt normally change over to a new model in June/July time. This year one line will change to the new A3 whilst at least one other produces the existing 8P models.

S3 BE SB, DSG, Pan roof, most extras, no buckets.

36K RRP
32K with discount
3.5K Deposit
22 x £475
2 Year PCP

GFV £19.5K ish

Cheers
Paul

Though figures make the 8P3 Conversion look cheap

Though figures make the 8P3 Conversion look cheap

As a 2 year PCP the figures work really well.
The GFV is very conservative so probably 3-4K equity left in it after the term for the next new car.

Means you are always in a new car without having a load of cash tied up in a depreciating asset.

Doesnt suit everyones needs however, particularly serial modders, long term ownership etc..so not for all.