Buying from Ebay in Germany.

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I assume a good few of you have used German ebay to get some rare parts.

My Pal is looking at getting some Hartge alloys for his E30 BMW. There are none on UK Ebay but are a good few on German ebay. Is there anything he should look out for when doing this.

All that I can see being a big problem is arranging to have the alloys picked up. But i am sure that some of the Courier companies like DHL and UPS have service where they can pick up from anywhere and delivery to anywhere. All that would need to be done is communicate with the seller if this would be ok before bidding.

Anything else that could be a problem? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I bought a new head for a 525i a couple of years back which I sourced through ebay.

Postage / courier is VERY cheap coming this way, I only paid £12 for a heavy old head!

DHL is basically the German post office so it's probably worth getting the German guy to arrange it all for your mate.
Most people who are fairly young can speak English over there, but if you get stuck try the altavista translator called babelfish.

Just make sure you contact them before winning the auction, I bought some facelift rear lights from germany through ebay and they did turn up but the guy was so busy I didn't get an email response until I issued a complaint through pay pal (they were already on there way by then).

I've bought bilsteins, mirrors, porsche brakes form Germany. Had to do a transfer once which cost £20 to do.
Just check their payment methods.

Chris.

looking at getting some tail lights and head lights as they are well cheaper in the homeland than they are here.

I will need to look into the head lights though as i assume they will be setup for LHD not RHD.

yeah mate, just watch the payment methods as money transfers cost a few quid....
i got stung with this once on ebay, not realising the guy didnt do paypal..... never again...

We have transferred a few things via paypal to the wifes brother in Germany. paypal is swiss account based and using this avoids the exchange fee for him in Germany as he has a paypal account. Fast, simple, safe and cheap. No problem, recommended.