buying rs3 deal help!

kilojade

Reaction score
guys i have been down to my local audi dealer today and we have worked out a deal. how does this look?

deposit 7k
over 4 years
bloom 20k
monthly payments at £417.

its the black rs3 brand new! ment to be £41000 but said they giving me discount so comes to £38.500. ?

does everything look ok? never had finance before so not a clue if its a good deal or what?

also do you think it would be possible if i asked them to either add on the black styling kit and the red/black alloys in the deal? or even just 1 of them extras? i no i cant get the buckets as they stopped making the rs3 now so cant get anything major added on prob just summit that can be bought from parts as the car is already made and waiting a buyer.

What % APR is it ?

I got 6.5% discount off list price for mine, so your price sounds about right.

I very much doubt the dealer will want to change it to the black styling kit now ... it'll be a lot of work .... but anythings possible.

As for the wheels ... an easier swap but I doubt they'll have them in stock and they will cost the dealer a fortune to buy the parts seperately from Audi and fit tyres to.

apr is 6% mate.

not sure what to do now as defo want the black styling kit....just dont want a standard rs3 lol

does anyone no how much the red/black alloys are to buy from audi? and how much the black styling kit is?

Why don't you get the wheels painted to your requirements.

6% apr with audi ,wow thats good i got quoted 11% apr on a new one with no discount...

just been offerd this from a different audi dealer

very same car but already has the black styling kit.

£430/month
7k deposit
over 4 years
18k bloom

so this works out cheaper in the long run and i get the black styling kit!.

is there anything else i could push out of them for free. like free servicing :drool: possible?

A couple of quick calculations suggest your first finance quote is 8%apr and you pay £8350ish in interest over the 4 years. The second example is 7.1% apr and you pay £7150 interest mostly the result of the lower balloon.

No need to wonder why car dealers seem more interested in selling finance than cars...

If you are taking Audi finance I'd say push for the free servicing too, they are making plenty in interest. There are always other cars and if you're willing to push you can get some good deals, you just have to be prepared to walk away if it isn't right.

A couple of quick calculations suggest your first finance quote is 8%apr and you pay £8350ish in interest over the 4 years. The second example is 7.1% apr and you pay £7150 interest mostly the result of the lower balloon.

No need to wonder why car dealers seem more interested in selling finance than cars...

If you are taking Audi finance I'd say push for the free servicing too, they are making plenty in interest. There are always other cars and if you're willing to push you can get some good deals, you just have to be prepared to walk away if it isn't right.

thanks for spending the time to work it out iam a bit stupid didn't even think to work out how much extra i will be paying lol...wow they make a fair bit of profit!. will defo push for the free 3 year servicing! i think they trying to get rid of the last ones now as the new s3 is out next year....hope it doesn't de-value the rs3 when it comes out? on the 1st quote they did say it was at 6% apr? strange.

i currently have the s3 sportback looking forward to changing up to the rs3. not driven one yet but hoping it will blow me away. i feel the s3 is a little boring now hence the upgrade.

so does everyone agree that i will be getting a very fair deal? just dont want to be getting ripped off as never had a car on finance before so not sure what i doing. they said summit about its a pcp whats that? lol.

thanks.

Last edited:
Seems a reasonable deal to me. You are getting a good discount on the car, the apr on the finance is right for this market and £400 a month for a car like the RS3 is pretty good going. The 18k balloon gives you some security if prices were to free fall, however unlikely that is with the RS badge. The only things to consider are your £7k deposit - I doubt you'll see much if any of that back at the end of 4 years - and with pcp you pay back quite a bit of interest but that's the trade off for lower payments so horses for courses. Other than that check everything before you sign then collect and enjoy.

Seems a good deal to me ... discounted RS3, reasonably low APR PCP deal and low monthly payments for an RS3.

jeezo 7k down and £417 over 4 years and still not own the car thats a crazy £27,000 and another 20k to own owch

i love the rs3 but the price is mental i might just save for a turbo .....

Personally I'd say drive it first before committing, we had ours for only 7 weeks and then moved it on.

Another tip have a chat to Haley from Harrogate Audi as we have been getting really good deals on several Audi's and she can beat all quotes.

Personally I'd say drive it first before committing, we had ours for only 7 weeks and then moved it on.

I agree - drive it first of course, kilojade asked about finance so I assumed they had driven one.

Jen - 7 weeks? What did you move on to. That must have stung and there must be a happy used buyer out there. I lucked in on my car in similar circumstances, which is why I said there is always a good deal to be had if you are prepared to wait and walk away from the bad ones where the dealer seemingly holds all the cards.

I agree - drive it first of course, kilojade asked about finance so I assumed they had driven one.

Jen - 7 weeks? What did you move on to. That must have stung and there must be a happy used buyer out there. I lucked in on my car in similar circumstances, which is why I said there is always a good deal to be had if you are prepared to wait and walk away from the bad ones where the dealer seemingly holds all the cards.

We paid £40k for it, and sold it on for £39k,., I'm glad I did as the values seam to be dropping quite a but recently.

It was replaced bt a TTRS then a 1M and S4 and now a Q7 :) not bad in 10 months lol

thanks guys!

i now have got them down to £399/month over 4 years and 18k baloom. the only thing it hasn't got is buckets! i have called 10 dealers up and not 1 has a new 1 with buckets :banghead:

i haven't driven 1 before but it must be a better drive than the s3 sportback i currently have?

mbk you say i wont see much back from the 7k depo? didn't think i would get any back anyway? a deposit is just knocks off the cars value?

18k balloon after 4 years seams pretty steep

thanks guys!
i haven't driven 1 before but it must be a better drive than the s3 sportback i currently have?

I've never driven an S3 but have just come from a Golf R. In comparison to a Golf R the RS3 feels heavier, particularly at the front end, and understeers more. This is particularly noticeable when gunning out of roundabouts. If you're looking for an agile, fun car to drive I'd recommend a test drive first . Personally I still love the RS3 (for it's AWD, engine and 7-speed S-tronic)

We paid £40k for it, and sold it on for £39k,., I'm glad I did as the values seam to be dropping quite a but recently.

It was replaced bt a TTRS then a 1M and S4 and now a Q7 :) not bad in 10 months lol

That's an amazing return on the RS3 fair play. The car I picked up with 237 miles on did rather worse having lost the first owners £12k worth of options alone in just 3 months eek!

I like your style with the car changes in 10 months!

mbk you say i wont see much back from the 7k depo? didn't think i would get any back anyway? a deposit is just knocks off the cars value?

That's fine then, as long as you are happy with that. Only last week a woman in our office was all upset because the £10K deposit she put in to a TT on a PCP deal had mysteriously evaporated when she came to trade in - she was surprised even though she'd made ultra low payments on a £30K plus car for 3 years which amounted to pretty much only the interest. She didn't have the cash to buy another new TT or refinance the balloon so waved a teary goodbye to the TT and now drives a Mini Cabrio, she's not a happy camper. So just thought I'd mention the likely disappearance of the deposit to help you with your decision.