Buying used A4 from dealership - Advice Needed

Agric04

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi I currently have a 2001 Audi S3 which is a great car but I'm looking to change it, but have found myself in a bit of a situation with my local dealership! I've ordered a new 2.0 tdi black edition A1 which was meant to arrive in May but I've just been told it won't arrive until the end of July, which I'm not happy about, as I have a buyer for the S3 who will be taking it in May!

I am considering swapping my order to a used A4 2.0 tdi s-line or black edition around the £24k mark but I'm not in the strongest bargaining position as they already have a £500 deposit from me for the A1!

My question is what sort of discounts are people getting off the screen price of a used A4 from an Audi dealership? I've never bought from a dealership before so don't know what is a good deal. I will be using Audi finance to fund the car.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Trouble is new car finance is a better rate than used car finance. Can't you buy a cheap run around for a month?

If the dealer gave you a may delivery date will he not let you use a demo car until yours turns up?

You can get big discounts from Audi when you buy new cars, especially if you go for the petrol engines. You will get little to no discount on a used car from them. I was being offered the same price for a new FL A4 BE as I was for a used outgoing model. When I ordered my A4, it was due to arrive in April but got delayed until August. I went to the dealership and made it clear how displeased I was with the delays and when I really pushed them, they offered to give me my deposit back....I ended up chaging the spec to get it earlier. My advice would be to put the ball in their court to come up with a solution and complain, complain, complain! If you are ready to change your spec, ask them whether they have any A4s BE in confirmed build for a dealership/showroom. If they have one, they can put your name on it and you would get it earlier, although you may have to compromise on spec.

If the dealer gave you a may delivery date will he not let you use a demo car until yours turns up?

Dealers/Audi will only give you one of their cars if they fail to deliver on a confirmed build date/delivery date, which only gets confirmed 2 weeks before it goes into production. In my experience....NO CHANCE!

You are likely to get better deals if you use Audi to finance... Don't think you have a weak position because you have given them a £500 pound deposit. Just remember to mention 3 letters every now and again when negotiating....B....M.....W..... It's not a magic solution but it helps...
Remember they are the ones that stated you would get it in May, the problem is caused by them not you!
Here is another thread I started with the kind of problem as yours:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...uattro-177ps-black-edition-delivery-time.html

Thanks for that link kwask2or seems like lots of people get the same treatment from Audi. When I started looking at the A1 in February I specified delivery for 26th May and they told me they expected it to arrive early May so I was happy with that. As an Audi nut I thought buying my first brand new car from an Audi dealership would be an enjoyable experience but I have found my sales guy arrogant and completely clueless when it comes to knowing about the car and spec. I've really had to push to get a build week from them which I was given on Monday as build week 26 which I'm told is mid July, but was also told this could still move backwards or forwards! It would be much better if Audi gave the worst case scenario when ordering rather than over promising and under delivering.

I'm getting a call back on Friday to see what they can do, they did mention they might be able to get a slightly different spec A1 sooner, so sounds like I'll have the option of changing spec or waiting, doesn't sound like there are any good deals to be had on used Audi's was hoping for some good stories of 10% off screen price.... guess I should buy a French car if I want that sort of deal...and I'm not about to do that!!

Who knows they might offer me a good deal on a used A4..... but at least I know now not to expect it!!!

The dealership currently has a really nice 2.0tdi 170 Quattro which I was really tempted by, but reading the mpg posts on the forum, I think I better sack that idea off and stick to a non Quattro A4 if I go down the A4 route! Afterall the idea behind the 2.0tdi A1 was to have a quick economical car!