Buying used S3 Sedan, what to look for?

larbel

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, am currently in the market for a 2nd hand S3 Sedan, not that many available when I'm at and currently looking at a standard Monsoon Grey MY 2014. Anything specific I should look for? I remember reading somewhere the early batch has turbo issue? Any advise on what possible issue to look for would be great, thanks in advance!!

Reactions: lucas-suisse and pburv
Hi all,

New to the forum, am currently in the market for a 2nd hand S3 Sedan, not that many available when I'm at and currently looking at a standard Monsoon Grey MY 2014. Anything specific I should look for? I remember reading somewhere the early batch has turbo issue? Any advise on what possible issue to look for would be great, thanks in advance!!
Don't quote me on this but I think the MY15 onwards come with 'magnetic ride' as standard so if you can stretch to an MY15 build car..:shrug:

Don't quote me on this but I think the MY15 onwards come with 'magnetic ride' as standard so if you can stretch to an MY15 build car..:shrug:

.... and make sure it has 4-doors and a boot..... otherwise its a SB :sign ban:

Reactions: pburv
Not an easy one but I'd be very tempted to hook it up to VCDS and check the launch counter.

^^

EDIT : Despite reading to the contrary there doesn't appear to be a L/C counter on the S3. Sorry for any confusion.

Rear top mounts

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
As a 2014 will still have whats left of the manufacturers warranty so most things should be covered anyway, the rest is obvious really but look for any bodywork or paintwork repairs. Make sure the alloys aren't kerbed but if there is slight kerbing then ask the dealer to have them repaired. The dealership should also be able to print out a service history and any other work that's been carried out, but only if its been done by audi themselves....