buying - what to look out for

205man

Reaction score
having though for sometime about what to get as my next car, ive decided that i really want an rs6 .
so im going to look at a few cars this week im going to look at 2 avant and 1 saloon, im in no immediate rush to buy one and prepared to wait for the right one to come along.

but what id like to know is there anyhting i really should pay attention to when looking?
apart from the obvious crash damage/finance etc

i was thinking more mechanical or electrical...........are there know faults to avoid or that could be used to bargin the price down

oh meant to say im looking around a 2002-2003 plate

alan

buy mine and i will guaranty you its the best RS6 on the road. Take it to Audi and ask them to fault it! Promise you it is faultless, and in absolute mint condition!

If you dont fancy mine then look out for gearbox problems, big issue on standard and tuned Rs6's, try and get one that has the gearbox remapped to handle the power, other wise it WILL break

Also DRC (suspension) Most Rs6 have had there suspension removed at some point ( maybe meeting with a kirb???? ) If the car has had the suspension removed it will more than likely fail in a matter of months. ( this is because AUDI dont seem to have the correct tool to recharge the system) Look out for a motor that has had the after market shocks replaced or better still find one that has the original suspension working properly!

Thats about it! o and make sure it has dealer service history, there a a few cat d cars around also. You will find the sallons tend to fetch less money, dont know why, guess the avant is the prefered car maybe. And be preparied to pay 25k upwards for a proper car, i looked at loads before buying mine and also gave over 30k for it a mere 10 months ago, you get what you pay for basically!

P.s you can have mine for a mere 22.5k as i need to get rid of it to a good home, fast! There are other's on here who can vouch for how mint my car is!

ye and me! I have 5 people who have been around with there loan approval letters etc and when they have phoned up there bank from my house to get money transferred/ guaranted etc they have all been hit back with a changed intrest rate! The one guy had some paper saying he had loan sorted at 7.9% and when he phoned them to get it sorted they put it upto 21.5% !

It seem hard times at the moment to get a loan/hpi at a good rate, to be fair i have also been to soft and always refused a deposit! I would have enougth money to pay for another one by now, to be fair tho im not a to**er and can tell when some one is really genuine and when some one wants to be a test pilot.

I have many who want but it seems non that can produce the money! And the load that want the car are stuck with cars they cant sell themselfs.
At least nobody has walked away not wanting it or picking a fault with the motor yet! (apart from one guy who wanted 5k off the price because there was a stone chip on the front grill :wacko: )