Buzzing noise from aftermarket sub and amp for 5 seconds when you start car.

craigs3tdi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 A3 TDI quattro 2.0, ive just fitted RNSE and it works great.

So i had a aftermarket Diamond Audio Sub woofer and Amp that was removed from my old car working fine about 2 weeks ago.

I have wired this in using an RCA to speaker conversion kit so my phonos have somewhere to plug into and took my feed for the convertor from the two front tweeters.

I have wired my remote lead to the esp system on the car as this is the only ignition live i could find.

The amp and sub both work as they should in the car now - the problem i have is that when i start the car the sub buzzes full pelt for about 5 seconds..... even weirder is that when you open the boot it doesn't do it and it still does it with the stereo turned off!!!!!

I have tried 3 sets of RCA leads, 2 which i know worked before and a new set i bought yesterday.

I have tried the earth lead in three different places and tried two different earth leads.

Today i have changed the remote lead and run the externally straight off the battery with no difference at all.

I have the main power lead from the amp down the passenger side of the car and the RCA and remote down the right had side of the car so i cannot see where the interference is coming from.

HELP ME... REMOVING THE SUB AND AMP AND THROWING IT IN THE BIN IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Any help would be great from a more experienced car audio installer.

I imagine it is the crappy high to low converter you have used on the feeds from the tweeters. Far better to pick up the pure pre-out signal & remote on going to the stock tupperware sub/amp. You have left & right low level signals already there as well as the remote turn on signal. All you need is to strip off the ends of an RCA cable and tap straight into the loom going to the tupperware sub.
Wiring diagrams for non Bose system are here:
8PSubPinout.jpg

A bit more complicated if you have the Bose system