Buzzing noise.

Tobester2013

Reaction score
i have a 64 plate 3 door S1. Pritty much from new I have had an electrical buzzing noise coming from the drivers side door/under dash. The last 3 months I have been persueing this with my audi dealer. It's been in 3 times for a week at a time, they have said each time it's sorted by replacing parts from a cable tie to a auxiliary belt. They have me another s1 for a week and it didn't do it once. It's still making the same noise seems to happen every time you accelerate. Anyone else have this/ideas? Many thanks

Is this affected with air con being on or not, that was the cause on my previous car. Nothing bad, just good to know what it was

Is this affected with air con being on or not, that was the cause on my previous car. Nothing bad, just good to know what it was
Thanks for your reply, after trying what you said it appears to be when it's off?? Thanks

My car makes this buzzing noise when i take the key out of the ignition?

My car makes this buzzing noise when i take the key out of the ignition?

I thought the buzzing noise was normal after you take the key from the ignition? Are you talking about the after-run coolant pump which continues to circulate coolant through the turbo after the car has been shut off to allow the turbo to cool down properly?

Mine makes more of a ticking noise when I turn it off (like turning off an electric fire). Guess that's just the metal cooling.

Agreed though, if it's when you turn it off it is likely to be cooling.

Just a thought, is it the sound Aktuator? Perhaps an unplug or for the dealer to adjust the volume, hopefully this will shed some light on the buzzing noise as that purposely vibrates the windscreen and plays a sound to give the car a bassier note.