Bye Bye Audi

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Well that's it, Audi has now gone back to the dealers, and I'm free of the PoS that is an Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170!

I hope no-one on here see's or buys that car, or that anyone researching to buy a TDi 170 from Audi reads my posts on MPG and generally on the poor customer service from Audi UK, Audi Northampton, and Audi Ipswich and reconsiders.

I guess customer loyalty means nothing to them, and they treat ordinary people like poo! I guess because I'm not part of a company that buys a fleet of Audi's that I'm just small fry, so much so that they couldn't be bothered to reply to a formal complaint made about all 2 dealerships, and generally about the poor experience with Audi UK.

The salesman Tim Aylen @ Northampton Audi couldn't even face me today, instead scurried off when I was about, then when I was outside signing off the car's condition and test driving he spoke to my other half trying to convince her it's my driving style! Then when I was on my way back, he suddenly had to go again!

I for one will never be buying an Audi again!

I look forward to getting back into a BMW on Monday, least they are built better IMO, and have an engine that is fit for purpose!

If anyone on here is interested I have a Genuine 2012 3G MMi Sat Nav DVD, as well as an iPod & USB cable for the Audi AMI, and a boot liner for the A4 Avant, and a genuine Audi First Aid kit forsale. Contact me if interested!

Well, its a shame that you feel like this toward Audi in general. While I will never buy another new Audi diesel, I wont be ruling Audi out when it comes to petrol motors. Would still love an RS someday, and fancy the S3 even.

But, knowing what you have been through, I do understand.

See you on the BMW forums though. My Black Edition goes back Monday, where I'll be getting picked up by my BMW dealer to take me to the 335d. Happy days.

expire date on the first aid kit?

Err, it's in the garage ATM, I'll need to have a look, but the car was purchased brand new in Jan 2012, so probably about 3/4 years time so 2015/2016?

I'll check and confirm.

Well, its a shame that you feel like this toward Audi in general. While I will never buy another new Audi diesel, I wont be ruling Audi out when it comes to petrol motors. Would still love an RS someday, and fancy the S3 even.

See you on the BMW forums though. My Black Edition goes back Monday, where I'll be getting picked up by my BMW dealer to take me to the 335d. Happy days.

Yup, the whole Audi experience has not been a pleasurable one, although I am still a car nut and do like RS4's S4, S3's etc I won't ever buy one under the principal that I don't want to give them bunch of numpties my hard earned money!!

Yup, see you over on the dark side! Hope you BMW experience is better than the Audi!

expire date on the first aid kit?

Well it says 'verwenderbar bis: 2016-06 LOT 920811' which is used by June 2016.
Audi Part Number: 8K0.860.282

Also the cables are Audi Part Number: 4F0051510P

And the DVD is: 4G0919884K

The bootliner is a non-genuine one I purchased for £70

Well it says 'verwenderbar bis: 2016-06 LOT 920811' which is used by June 2016.
Audi Part Number: 8K0.860.282

Also the cables are Audi Part Number: 4F0051510P

And the DVD is: 4G0919884K

The bootliner is a non-genuine one I purchased for £70

Sorry you are leaving the Audi fold and hope you enjoy your new BMW. What colour is the grommet on the cable? And did it allow the album artwork to be shown on the screen when connected to an iPod?

Did you not consider the 3.0 tdi A4? Seems like a better comparison to the 335d.

Sorry you are leaving the Audi fold and hope you enjoy your new BMW. What colour is the grommet on the cable? And did it allow the album artwork to be shown on the screen when connected to an iPod?

Has a blue gromit, didn't show album artwork, but then I didn't have tech pack high, so I doubt it would have done.
which colour allows album artwork?

Did you not consider the 3.0 tdi A4? Seems like a better comparison to the 335d.

I did consider it. But, if the 2.0 TDI was already giving me less mpg than the 335d, then the 3.0 TDI was always going to be worse. And with about 50 BHP less, and would have required me putting in a LOT more money than I am with the 335d, it just makes sense.