Bye Bye Audi .....

Pops848

Reaction score
Well, it was time to say good bye to my Audi. Sold my A3 2.0 TDI after all the problems I've had with it, and now that I'm doing no where near the mileage I was, I invested in a weekend toy....

I'm a bit sad to leave the German car market, but this will be a bit of fun for a while. No doubt I'll get another Audi as a daily driver when I need too again.

Reactions: JudderMan
Its one of those cars you see in your rear view mirror trying to colour match your rear bumper lol

And often youll hear it before you see it, 4 streets away

Reactions: sliced, london jay, Kelza and 3 others
I've been a 330bhp estate exactly the same as this. Unbelievable cars. Incredible noise. Good choice after a derv ;)

Reactions: Pops848
It's a classic Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo 2000, standard hitting 220BHP, 4WD and awesome noise. I went for an older car as I was fed up with the damage my Audi got, if this gets dented in a car park I can shrug it off. Fed up of caring too much about my wing mirror getting knocked off.

The black bonnet is because the paint was peeling, so I sanded back and sprayed with plasti dip, worked well and wasn't a bad fix, about £60 all in rather than a full respray on it.
Excedy clutch going in next week, then a remap takes it to 280ish and it weighs the same as a bag of peanuts with no sound deadening or other crud weighing it down.
As I said, a weekend toy to have some fun in, especially when the snow gets here, and it's practical enough to chuck my muddy bikes in the back without caring!

Reactions: Friendy
It's a classic Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo 2000, standard hitting 220BHP, 4WD and awesome noise. I went for an older car as I was fed up with the damage my Audi got, if this gets dented in a car park I can shrug it off. Fed up of caring too much about my wing mirror getting knocked off.

The black bonnet is because the paint was peeling, so I sanded back and sprayed with plasti dip, worked well and wasn't a bad fix, about £60 all in rather than a full respray on it.
Excedy clutch going in next week, then a remap takes it to 280ish and it weighs the same as a bag of peanuts with no sound deadening or other crud weighing it down.
As I said, a weekend toy to have some fun in, especially when the snow gets here, and it's practical enough to chuck my muddy bikes in the back without caring!

Thanks for the info - enjoy your new toy

Ah, your in Portsmouth?! I might just be able to hear this thing from where I am.

In all seriousness though, the sound these things make when they dump is enough to bring out the fast and furious noises in all of us!

Ah, your in Portsmouth?! I might just be able to hear this thing from where I am.

In all seriousness though, the sound these things make when they dump is enough to bring out the fast and furious noises in all of us!
haha so true! It's noisey, it's brash, loud and proud.... But it's fun!!! I nick my mums golf diesel when I need to be sensible. The rest of the time it's using the road bike, then drive this for fun.
End of the day we all drive cars as enthusiasts, and this is a different path my trying for a bit :)

If your happy then job done,the Audi beside it looks better though.