bye bye google satellite overlay

Not working still on mine but I’ve still to get to dealers for update.
You dont need a update for it to work again, it just works like it always did.

Not actually google earth though ? It’s the new metrans version ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its the google earth version that works on all models that didnt get a update.

You dont need a update for it to work again, it just works like it always did.

Its the google earth version that works on all models that didnt get a update.

Mine just says cannot connect to myAudi server, please try again later.

Mine has built in data sim so doesn’t need data sim. All the other connect features works but google earth
Im in an S7 with an MIB2 MMI set up, so slightly different to yours.
It wasn't enabled by default, there was a check box within the navigation set up to enable Google Earth. May be worth checking that :icon thumright:

Im in an S7 with an MIB2 MMI set up, so slightly different to yours.
It wasn't enabled by default, there was a check box within the navigation set up to enable Google Earth. May be worth checking that :icon thumright:

When I check google earth view it comes up with can’t connect to my Audi servers.
Maybe just a glitch in the matrix

You're making the assumption that the dealership (which of course isn't "Audi") knew / understood anything about it.
Thats no excuse. If you are in business to sell and maintain a product for a brand, then you should know all aspects about it or at least know who to contact to find out more info. Pure laziness if you don't.

I had my 66 plate S3 updated today with the help of a member on the Facebook a3/s3 uk owners group, official Audi update, my car was on the original Audi software and the update has not only activated my satellite overlay but also given me subwoofer adjustment in sound settings which was a bonus and at a great price. There were 10 various updates which must be other general improvements
View attachment 215296
eh, subwoofer adjustment has always been for for my S3 and Rs3

Audi updated my S3 under warranty today and satellite maps are now listed rather than google under map options. Took 2 hours to run the update

Well just got my car back after the update. Satellite view works now but my reverse camera has stopped working. Need to figure out all the coding/adaptations they might have changed.

@AIS3BE - was your reversing camera an installed mod? Mine is and Audi wiped mine out too when doing the satellite view upgrade.

@AIS3BE - was your reversing camera an installed mod? Mine is and Audi wiped mine out too when doing the satellite view upgrade.

Mine was a retrofit. Looking at the coding/adaptations with djalix and see what they’ve done.
Odd thing is none of my other stuff was wiped.
Did you manage to get it working again?

Alex is going to recode mine back to functionality.

None of my other minor VCDS tweaks were lost - this was the only one.

I have a backup of coding, but stupidly didn’t backup adaptations.

Had a poke around with VCDS and got the reversing camera working again. Some 5F adaptations had been lost in the satellite view upgrade at the dealership.

Thanks to @DJAlix for a quality original install which made recoding possible, and also for making himself available for remote support (though as things turned out I didn’t need it). Top guy.

For those with the same issue AND a genuine retrofit (as opposed to cheap 3rd party / Aliexpress) the key is to check:

19 > Installation List > add 6C
10 / 76 > Long Coding > Add Reversing Camera (if you have a 10 / 76 module)
5F > Long Coding > Byte 19 > make sure reversing camera low is not ticked
5F > Adaptations > VPS > Active
5F > Adaptations > VPS Message Bus > Comfort or Infotainment (PFL) or Terminal 15 (FL)

The above assumes your 6C is coded correctly.

In the thread below (post 431 from memory).

Last edited:
Reactions: DJAlix and AlS3BE
For those who had the original Google Earth overlay which started working again by itself about 6 weeks ago without a software update - is it still working?

For those who had the original Google Earth overlay which started working again by itself about 6 weeks ago without a software update - is it still working?

Still working for me, there's a post on one of the other threads to the effect that it many only be temporary though - who knows!

Got my software update to restore satellite overlay.

MMI software version:
Before: 1168
After: 1326

Media driver:
Before: CLU8_MMX2_AU_ER_G21_12....
After: DEV_MMX2_AU_ER_G21_106....

* Satellite overlay returned - does look different to Google but was expecting that from the photos provided by others.
* Didn’t lose subwoofer control
* Minor VCDS mods remained
* However, it did wipe out the code for my rearview camera, despite me asking them to preserve it. Will contact DJAlix to restore functionality.
Hi John,
I have
MMI software version:
Media driver:
CLU8_MMX2_AU_ER_G21_12.
it is AUDI A3 2018. Could you kindly guide me on how you updated your car software? Thanks for your support.

It’s a dealer (or VAG authorised 3rd party retrofitter) job as it’s not just one update.

If your car is under warranty and you have a Connect subscription then it should be free at a dealer (at least it was when I had it done as I raised the issue just as the fix was coming out).