C5 RS6 (BCY) Engine - Shooting For A Conservative 700hp / Stage 3.

Nollywood

B7 420-R Avant
Reaction score
G'day ladies and gents!

I apologise for posting a query that must have been thrashed out in past threads. I'm not new to Audi's in general. However, I'm new to the C5, particularly the RS6. I wouldn't even know what to search for.

As some folk here may know, I'm building a B6 Avant Quattro, with genuine B7 RS4 panels, but retaining the very essence of the B6 - the tail, nose and the swage lines, running from the front to the back. But, back to my reasons for this thread...

The heart of this creation is a C5 RS6 (BCY) motor. I am tearing it down, and rebuilding it, retaining just the oil pump. I am using the crank out of a 2002 C5 S6, (ANK) which gives more flywheel options, due to its 8-bolt fitment. It seems a waste to start off with a built motor, and not go to stage 3. This is where you knowledgeable C5 guys come in.

What turbos would I need to go stage 3? I will not be running the original RS6 exhaust manifolds, with their low-slung, rear-mounted snails. My manifolds will locate both turbos above the frame rails, for ease of replacement, and close proximity to the frames, and transmission (01E 6-speed).

Camshaft? I'm aware the lumpy sticks in a C5 4.2 V8 have more lift, and duration (not S6). Are these a better option?

I would really appreciate some direction here.

For reference, here's my build thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/project-b6-420-ts-avant.319027/

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

You can use some hybrid turbochargers based loosely on the rs6 blowers(get in touch with Adam at tditurbos) but I would use something more modern: borg warner EFR series...I am sure you can get them to fit if you relocate the turbos... failing that some Holset small/medium frame will probably flow enough to see your power target ! Interesting project and good luck with it !!!

I’m interested to know which of the BW EFR series can be made to fit, ive also been reading about the new Garret G25 small frame series.

Keen to hear what you decide on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk