C6 A6 Lemans 3.0tdi fault.

Gavin0478

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi after any ideas from people.Was cruising along the motorway the other day with cruise on when my glow plug light started flashing then my engine management light came on and the glow plug light went off.when sat idling the car is now hunting slightly, and there are two valves going to and fro hard to explain.These are not the swirl flaps as these are fine have checked them out.both valves are near the turbo and if i disconnect one of them the glow plug light comes on.but i think the valve located in the inlet but after the turbo intercooler side is making a buzzing.its getting scanned tomorrow but was just seeing if anyone had a heads up

Car was scanned and reset today i will post the codes later as some were from me disconnecting items to try to diagnose.Light was reset but has since come on again and as soon as i can get my phone to connect so i can upload the video i will post it.

Last edited:
Doesnt sound good whatever that is - post the scan and we can decode them from Rosstech using the codes.

will be getting re scanned later in week as light is on but delving deeper whatever the issue is its causing the turbo air vein adjuster (vgt) to be adjusting the veins from one end to the other?????? coaked turbo did come on when cruising on the motorway and i do a lot of town and short runs? and the other part looks like the egr valve being opened and closed. oh and i need some glow plugs lol.

Last edited:
Results from first scan.Glow Plug Cy 5, Cy 3...... not an issue will sort before winter as knew at least one was weak as has been lumpy starting now and then.R06B Throttle Valve stuck or difficult to move. (p106b????)P1580 Throttle actuator Bank 1..... (swirl flap valves?????)Exhaust Gas Recirc Cooling Valve Open circuit P2425 (p2452???)Control Circuit for Turbo Charger Electrics malfunction P3348im thinking that the throttle valve is throwing the fault and the turbo veins and the egr are being cycled to try to compensate? but any ideas welcome.

Last edited:
Sorry to digress and go off topic...
Will try to root around for your fault codes...

Just noticed in sig, you have a remap :) .... may I ask where you had done? :) how long you had? :) how's your experience been with it? :)

Thanks in advance...
Sorry to be pain.. :)

it is an angel tuning remap done of a group buy on here had it year and a half maybe more and fantastic...

Hi Gavin... :)

Thanks for info on your remap :)

I not mech/tech just an estate owner...

Like doing forum thing as to learn more about issues which could occur on my car and fixes...

but whilst looking around :idea: found this which may identify parts/functions of turbo VTG...

google ssp 325 check pages 15 has turbo stuff... page 16 EGR stuff...

sorry for my newbie answer ... if find more info will post... :)

Last edited:
think i have found the problem...
the throttle body part number A2C53085614 or 059145950A has stripped the plastic cogs so the valve is stuck open.

prices please from anyone that can...... id rather buy new as it would be a lucky dip with used plastic parts.

rev history of 059 145 950 A >> 059 145 950 D >> 059 145 950 H >> 059 145 950 R ....
again only going by the part number supplied in your post...
new @ dealer list price approx £331...

Hi Gavin0478 :)

I was wondering if I can pick your brains...

My car is a 2005 55 plate 80k on clock... I am getting theses erratic idle revs on start up... I am suspecting my throttle valve body maybe issue... below is VCDS log...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 4F0 910 401 L HW: 4F0 907 401 A
Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG 0040
Revision: --H01--- Serial number:
Coding: 0011772
Shop #: WSC 02334 785 00200
VCID: 254BDA7FECF6CC30723

1 Fault Found:
17953 - Throttle Valve Controller
P1545 - 002 - Malfunction - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1134 /min
Torque: 7.8 Nm
Speed: 40.3 km/h
Voltage: 13.91 V
Duty Cycle: 93.9 %
Bin. Bits: 001
Mass Air / Rev.: 499.4 mg/str
Voltage: 0.000 V

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ross Tech explanation Link:- 17953/P1545/005445 - Ross-Tech Wiki
I've cleared this fault and it has not come back yet.... I have no other faults codes occurring :think:...
I have check measuring block 18 on [01] Engine module in VCDS... again reactions seem correct on throttle...

This is video of it occurring sometimes deviation of revs is higher... as my car is early one I really suspect the throttle... I have had engine cover off when this is occurring and none of the parts which were moving on your video are happening...

When I was googling around for my issue I found this thread Link:- Audi A6 3.0 tdi hunting revs

So another is having issue like mine but no one yet advise on fix... my first year with car been turbulent I really thought I was picking up a cracking car... now spent £4k on it in first year... and this issue makes me feel :(

Before break down of your throttle body were you getting erratic idle revs?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Last edited by a moderator:
what have you spent so much on!!!!!!

on mine when it was ticking over you could hear a click and a buzz because it was trying to use the egr/vnt to idle better.
it is only 20 mins to take the butterfly out and check if the cogs are knackered but does seem similar...

My egr/vnt is not at all compensating on mine, they do not shown any movement...

When it occurs it carries on until you give it some revs, then cease... like posting on piston heads...

£2k was chain rattle fix Link:- My post
£500 was home servicing ie oil/oil,fuel,air,pollen filters, all discs and pads done by me Link:- Fronts Rears
£500 was retrofits done by me Links: AMI DAB Graphical PDC Mirror tilt
£500 at dealer for front C links, rear gearbox output seal ( I was not knowledgeable about my car at time)
£500 on other bits like VCDS, mats, cleaning products, little trim fixes, parking sensors,etc

I've had rear wiper pipework split under carpet in three places Link: 1st issue 2nd issue ... luckily bluetooth module did not go was virtually swimming in water...

I've taken apart rear wiper motor twice once leaking water internally, second time arm seize Link:- my thread

After chain rattle fixed I had some issues from the work garage did to sort Link 1 Link 2 there was also a little trim issue where they folded seat down after place stuff in footwell so when got car back had nice crease in my clean leather head rests... garage was very unhelpful aftercare

I'm just waiting for the car to blow up next when going down the motorway...

So you were getting fluttering revs? More specifically before proper breakdown what symptoms?

Thanks