C6 Suspension conversion

2007 C6 Allroad

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2007 A6 Allroad C6 model and the air bag compressor system has failed.
I tried several independent garage and the local main dealer to get it fixed but I am told it could be a blank cheque.

Is there a conversion kit to change the airbags to shocks/spring like there is for the C5 model ?

All advice welcome, thanks.

Yes there is. Many people do it. But IMO, it's just easier to replace the required parts, and probably cheaper too. If you only need to do the compressor, then just replace that. The genuine ones will cost a fortune but there are other European places that make them for much cheaper, and are still quite reliable.

Yes there is. Many people do it. But IMO, it's just easier to replace the required parts, and probably cheaper too. If you only need to do the compressor, then just replace that. The genuine ones will cost a fortune but there are other European places that make them for much cheaper, and are still quite reliable.
Thanks for replying, my issue is that i have changed the rear airbags, the compressor, the level switch and the ECU already. The garages don't know where to look next so they are saying that the only option is to strip out the pipework and start again, the estimate is ridiculous.

Ah Ok, didn't see that from the initial question. In that case, you're already most of the way there! The fact that you've already replaced the rear bags and compressor means you won't have to do it in the future. They will both fail at some point, so it's actually inevitable.

I have an 05 C6 Avant Air Sus and went through a similar but less costly process. Firstly my valve block got a little iffy so every so often the car would randomly drop itself down on any particular side and not be able to pump itself up. I delayed buying a new one until I could do more research to be sure that's what it was. Then randomly while driving a couple months later, my front right airbag just gave up and hit the ground haha. Got towed home and then bought both front struts and the valve block at the same time. Fixed all my issues, but took a while. My current problem is that I bought the valve block cheap from Aliexpress... which I shouldn't have done :laughing: So now when I steer full lock left, the front right airbag deflates, and if the front of the car is sitting on the ground, it can't pump itself up again until I jack it up slightly closer to ride height, then it takes off. I think my compressor is fine for the next few years, but I will need to replace my rear bags, and probably dampers at some point.

IN your case, what are your symptoms? Have they done anything with the valve block?