Cab/Saloon climate control the same?

palfy86

Reaction score
As the title really,

Can anyone tell me if the cab double din control units (either b6 or b7) are they same shape/size etc and will fit in the saloons when doing a double din conversion.

obviously i appreciate the part numbers will be different, i just need to know if they are the same size and shape.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

You can trim your old unit down to make it fit ..once your ready to fit the heater unit slide it in .. It will hit the sides of the console so then what you do is get some maskin tape and place the tape down the sides where you can see it hitting then remove and trim

Last edited:
yes gordy, and i would do that but i want a unit with heated seat controls (for future retrofit), thank you for your input though.

Think there the same just when your buying remember to buy the one that looks like is has castle battlements on the top of it

Don't get a b7 one your rear screen demist won't work

yeah think im going to try and get a cheap ruined soft touch fronted one and a pristine B7 unit and swap the fascia's over, thats the plan anyway lol.

Are the buttons on yours ok if swop em over to your new one

no they are looking pretty tatty and bottom left corner of unit has started to peel so i want to do away with mine all together.