Cabin/Pollen filter

axelfols

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if this is an important filter to replace. I assume its the 2 boxes on the underside of the bonnet? I have been getting steamy windows for some time and cant seem to trace where its coming from. Cleared all vents and A/C ducts out but still the car gets steamed up. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Pollen filters should be replaced every year, and may be the cause. However there could couple other reasons, water getting into the car check front & rear carpets and push down as hard as you can to check to see if they are damp, also a leaking heater matrix will also cause the same problem.

the air con drains are usually to blame, bit of a PITA to do but worth it, carpets and mats can soak up a LOT of water so best remove them to dry

Thanks for the replies. I had the air con drains unblocked last year (full of crud) and the rain water drain outlets after the carpets where found to be soaked. This has resolved the wet carpets so I shall change the pollen filter and hopefully see a difference. I'll post the results once completed.

So Audi said my filter hasn't been changed by the previous owner... my full service is due in a year and I'm not willing to pay Audi 35quid for such a simple job before then. Does anyone know the part number of the filter Audi use? I've seen some on euro car parts but not sure which to get.

So Audi said my filter hasn't been changed by the previous owner... my full service is due in a year and I'm not willing to pay Audi 35quid for such a simple job before then. Does anyone know the part number of the filter Audi use? I've seen some on euro car parts but not sure which to get.

If theres more than one on EuroCparts buy them and take the one you dont need back for a refund, thats what Ive done in the past, you could also have a look at yours, should give you an idea...I'd get the carbon charcoal one, sorry cant remember the specific name but its a special type

Ps

Activated carbon....theres a lot on there...might be best to check yours first

Reactions: Ch3tan

Always thought you just needed the reg number?