Cabin Rattles...

RMJ891

Reaction score
I am currently experiencing some rattles in the cabin of my S1. I have the Quattro interior pack, and it seems that the rattles stop if I apply firm pressure with my hand to where the red acrylic / plastic wraps around the gear stick / centre console, i.e. the part where your clutch leg would rest against.

Is this something that would be a quick job at a dealer? This is my first car, so not sure if this is the sort of thing that they'd need to take away for a few days or something?

Thanks

They will usually book it in for at least a day. I've had a few rattles on new cars over the years - usually easily solved.

Ah that's a pain - my dealer is, with London traffic in the week, around a 2 hour drive away, so unless they'll give me a car for a week, I might be stuck! :S

Ah okay cool - that's a saviour. Will look at the miles as I leave mine with them to check no-one goes out on a jolly in it...

Hopefully the courtesy is something nice (though I imagine it'll be a diesel A1 if I have an S1). That said - they could give me a TT or something as a means to trying to up-sell...

Most of the courtesy cars are A3s. But I've had cars from across the Audi range over the years. When you book it in you can ask for something specific and they will try and accommodate you.

Here's hoping! "Sorry sir, we only have an RS7, I hope that's okay..."

Reactions: AD & DK - Jones
So I'm booked in (not with the dealer from whom I bought it), and apparently the courtesy car will be an A1.

Fair enough from their point of view, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed!! :grumpy: