Cabriolet extras and the difference between an S Line and non S line

Cravatekid

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here...great forum BTW!

I've recently bought a June 2006 A4 2.0T FSI S Line Cabriolet and was wondering how to find out what extras I have fitted, I read somewhere that there are codes on a sticker in the boot that you can then input into a website to understand what you've got. Can find the sticker but can't find the website address?

Also it says S-line on my V5 and on the car but what does that mean exactly, how different is an S-Line to a non S-Line model, I think there's a body-kit and a different steering wheel, and the car may View attachment 15265be lowered?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Hey man, welcome to the forum.
To find out what equipment the car came with out of the gate look at the first page in your service book. It should have a sticker with loads of 3 digit codes. Go to VW Group Option Codes Decoder follow the instructions and enter the codes. Then it will tell you what they all relate too.

It's a nice looking car BTW. I have the same age but a 3.2.
I'm not 100% sure about the differences. Think the S-Line does have different trim and steering wheel.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Unfortunately I don't have the original service book (I have an audi official replacement) so the sticker isn't there, but I think it is in the spare tyre compartment. Thanks for the website address that's exactly what I wanted!

Still interested in understanding the exact differences between an S-Line model and one that isn't but thanks for your compliments, I really love the car, especially the red leather interior which works really well with the brushed alu look trim.

Cheers
Mark

PS My last 6 cylinder car was a 1972 911 which was a beauty, you can't beat the sound, actually a V8 block sounds good too!

I'm fairly certain it's all cosmetic.Take a look here Audi A4 Cabriolet (06-09) Car Review - Equipment | Parkers
It outlines kit as part of the different models.

However I believe with our age Cabriolets the front bumper is often an S-Line or an SE bumper. Your's looks like mine which I think is an SE Bumper. Just means a different design aka fog lights/grill etc.

The next thing will be getting carried away installing mods. I know I have!!!!

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks very much Steve / Rizzini

From looking at those sites I reckon that I've definitely got the interior pack, and the wheels, not sure about the exterior embellishments - From the photo would you assume that it has the s line body kit fitted?

Thanks
[/FONT]
  • S line suspension 30 mm lower than Standard
  • 18” x 8J ‘5-spoke’ S line design alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 tyres
  • 3-spoke S line multi-function steering wheel
  • S line embossed Sports seats including electric lumbar support
  • Matt-brushed aluminium inlays
  • Perforated leather gear knob
  • S line sill plates
  • S line exterior styling package including:
    – S line side skirts
    – S line front bumper
    – S line rear diffuser
    – S line badges on wings

Thanks Gaz,

I'm pretty sure that my car has all the interior upgrades, for example the 6 cd changer, Sat Nav and the items I've listed above but I'm still not sure about whether it's got the body kit, I don't think it has looking at the brochure (great find by the way)

Cheers
Mark

How do you find the 245 tyres mate? Got 235 on mine as i wasn't sure on the 245. Exterior wise on a Cabriolet im not sure. Obviously the bumper is an SE like most Cabriolets. My s-line has trims at the bottom of the doors but its a 4 door and might not look right on a 2 door. So assume the S-line bumper is all you're short

That's definitley a SE front bumper mate.

Very nice looking motor... Enjoy and welcome.

Hi Ben / Rizzini

Firstly thanks Ben, I'm quite fond of the red / grey combination, I had the same on my Alfa and it just seems to work, although I'm not 100% sure of the red roof yet....Hi Rizzini it's a little early to say, I like the look but I've only done about 700 miles so far and am very happy, although the previous owner mismatched the tyre brands so I'm thinking of getting a new set as soon as funds allow, I had Kumho Sport Ecstas on the Alfa and they were much better than my old Pirellis but I expect to do some research to see what people recommend, thanks also both of you for confirming what the front bumper is, and cheers for your welcome.

Mark

you have an se front bumper cos when they built the cab they used either
some s-lines do have the s-line bumper butmost have the SE
as above also seats lowerd 3 spoke wheel bigger alloys
but all the nav cruise were optional extras

The dash is different to the saloon the vents are more like a tt round as apposed to rectangular.
Bonus of having an SE bumper is you can get a nice grille upgrade.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368259691609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368259691609.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 306
Thanks - where did you get the grill from is that a US upgrade?

Yes from dubstop international (eBay or there own website).
Had it sprayed by a friend fitting is easy bumper of in 15 mins.
Another of people on here and out and about comment how much better it looks and I agree. Here's another picture.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368341531397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368341531397.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 268
Grill looks great

Can't wait for mine to arrive