caliper painting or replaced

wireplay

Reaction score
hi guys,

Just after some pictures really of anyone who has had their calipers repainted or had new coloured ones fitted.

I am having my refurbsished as they are the rustiest calipers I have ever seen and really ruin the look of my Black edition Avant (2l petrol quattro), daytona grey.

I am considering red or black and wonder if anyone has this on their car. If you do, could you please send me a photo - ideally, side on of the whole car - not a close up (although that would be great as well!) as I want to see which colour looks best?

I don't want to end up looking like a numpty who has bright red calipers, but don't mind if they look good - I don't like souped up looking cars, so black with an audi decal on them may be my best option, but red could be a winner if I like what they look like!

Thanks.

Colored calipers, really aren't that nice on a normal car. On a sport car maybe, but really not that often.

Grey if you ask me.

Reactions: wireplay
I'd suggest black, reason being, if you paint them red, you would then need to get hold of some Brembo decals to complete the illusion?

Reactions: L80EWY
I went for Black on my Black Edition A4.

It's better than the standard look but also does not stand out too much as apposed to Red ones.

Sorry, I have no pics but will try to take some in the morning as it will be pitch black by the time I get home.

Found a generic google image if it helps.

DSC01025.jpg

Tempted to paint the brake disc covers silver as well or at least give them a good clean

Previously had an A5 in Monsoon Grey, callipers painted black, considered painting them red but thought it would be to much, so black it was and wasn't disappointed.

Sorry no pics though.

JG

thanks guys - hope to get some pictures. I think I am def going towards the black.

That's my thought on the red ones, I will look like a boy racer ;-) I might be inside, but as a Dad of 2, I don't want to look like I have modded my car despite it having 300 horses under the hood :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
I done mines in silver

a8d891ae77e01e35fd450c9776f2aa5a.jpg

Black will disappear behind the alloy, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys - I am now just as torn as they all look great! :)

I did see an RS6 (gggrrr, I wish!) today from teh side with gloss black and it did look really good, so I am swaying towards that - will post pics when I have decided!

I went with gloss black & RS logos on my 6pots

Attachments

• F3EF09BC-C1AB-4D76-9F41-19F487ED3F79.jpeg
    F3EF09BC-C1AB-4D76-9F41-19F487ED3F79.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
Reactions: KrisKrk
Black all day unless they are big brakes

Went silver and black calipers in mine
0c2dc4986353993795792b9e592791f0.jpg
7234602b0b7bf411e4815130fc8a347a.jpg
7c7c44f51100ceb3389a5620a8e2459d.jpg

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

Works on silver or light colour car.

Mine is dark so needed something to show it is there.

Great combination you have. Nice

Reactions: feva
Went silver and black calipers in mine
0c2dc4986353993795792b9e592791f0.jpg
7234602b0b7bf411e4815130fc8a347a.jpg
7c7c44f51100ceb3389a5620a8e2459d.jpg

How does the paint hold up on the Disc Guards ? Person painting mine says it might not hold up on there

Dustcover as any other metal surface around there, might get hot. Key would be to paint it also with high temperature paint.

How does the paint hold up on the Disc Guards ? Person painting mine says it might not hold up on there

Done them April 2016, haven't touched them since. Might do another coat this summer.

Mines are invisible there but have them in matte black, with fireplace spray paint. Same with disk hubs

They’re aluminium that’s all didn’t think the paint would stick well

I used a wire brush on a drill to clean the stone guards back to silver, well the surfaces that are visible through the wheel spokes.

f9e739c55678c7c108063df2d138465a.jpg
e48c890df709e998762e240b22e9e28b.jpg

Just done mine black but left the guards, wheels refurbished too

Reactions: feva
hi guys,

Well I finally got them done and went for black in the end and it was absolutely the right decision! I am smiling every time I see them now :)

Photos below of before and after! Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions, really appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.

Attachments

• alloys.png
    alloys.png
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • alloys.png
    alloys.png
    1 MB · Views: 141