Call of duty modern warfare 2 £36.00 ONLY!!

Good spot. I have been mostly whingeing about the prices of this game. Only trouble is...I have PS3 and they are "out of stock" which is quite neat???

I have set it to mail me though when it is taking orders again...or...I buy an Xbox. :footy:

I've been playing COD 4 on PC. Is it 'easy' to pick up on XBOX 360?

I've been playing COD 4 on PC. Is it 'easy' to pick up on XBOX 360?

I have both and the 360 is easier,you'll get the controls sorted within a few days and then you have to get used to hearing our cousins from across the pond arguing.....they seem to enjoy it.

I have both and the 360 is easier,you'll get the controls sorted within a few days and then you have to get used to hearing our cousins from across the pond arguing.....they seem to enjoy it.

I was on MW1 the other day and some 30 something american was bleating like a girl about a kid using a nOOb canon - the big blouse. :sob:

One the hunt now for an Xbox; just got to decide on new or 2nd hand. Is that ring of death still happening?

I was on MW1 the other day and some 30 something american was bleating like a girl about a kid using a nOOb canon - the big blouse. :sob:

One the hunt now for an Xbox; just got to decide on new or 2nd hand. Is that ring of death still happening?

Yes mate it does, wouldnt buy second hand as if things go wrong it will cost you.

Buy new as MS now give you a standard 3 year warrenty for certain faults especially the RROD, i should know ive had seven consoles mate.

Yes mate it does, wouldnt buy second hand as if things go wrong it will cost you.

Buy new as MS now give you a standard 3 year warrenty for certain faults especially the RROD, i should know ive had seven consoles mate.

RROD is only covered for 12 months I'm firked if I know what else goes wrong with them ? never heard of any other problems...ever.

Great find, I've just put my order in.
Not sure when I'll start playing it as Forza3 comes out a month before :racer:

RROD is only covered for 12 months I'm firked if I know what else goes wrong with them ? never heard of any other problems...ever.

Incorrect it is 3 years and has been for a long time.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/07/06/microsoft_red_ring_death_charge/

There are lots of other problems, all of which i have had including failed disk drives (games not reading) overheating power supplies and other strange faults.

And now they is a new occuring problem called the E74 error see below:-

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/14/3-year-xbox-360-warranty-extended-to-cover-e74-errors/

Microsoft have also extended there warrenty for 3 years to cover this also.

Last edited:

I also have both and dont really play my ps3 as xbox live is far superior, i have been on xbox live now since 2004 when it first arrived and swear by it.

When it comes to choice and quality of games you cannot beat the xbox 360, failures and faults aside it is still the better GAMING machine.

My gamer tag:-

Last edited:
Sorry Daz, lost track of this thread over the last day or so; thanks for info and the links. I would never have thought to look at Tezzers as I am an Amazon zealot, pays to shop around.

Thinking I will hand fire on Xbox until the Xmas madness deals start kicking off, which is probably only a few weeks away knowing the retailers. But, if you see any good deals on your travels, be sure to post it. :salute:

Voorhees - prepare to get your *** handed to you when I get my eye in on Forza. :eyebrows: :lmfao:

Incorrect it is 3 years and has been for a long time.

Daz,your spot on...my POS elite dirtbox360 had two rings.

Voorhees - prepare to get your *** handed to you when I get my eye in on Forza.

AuldReekie anytime you fancy another dabble on a circuit...on the 360 or realtime remember 80% .........
roflmao.gif

Kontraband has pointed out that MW2 for PS3 is currently on for pre-order in Tesco Direct - £35.97 (inclusive of postage); get in quick at that price.

Might as well order a couple of days worth of junk food, Redbull and Pro-Plus. :lazy: