Calling all 3.2 DSG owners!

baz1

Reaction score
Ok, am I going mad or does everybody's a3 3.2 dsg make a clicking noise from the underside of the car just as you move off and go through the gears???

I've read somewhere that this may be a characteristic of the car...

Someone?

Mine isn't a dsg but it doesn't make klicking noises.

Ok, am I going mad or does everybody's a3 3.2 dsg make a clicking noise from the underside of the car just as you move off and go through the gears???

I've read somewhere that this may be a characteristic of the car...

Someone?

If it is what I think you are talking about it is either the fuel pump pressurizing or the Evap. leak detection pump. Am I correct to assume it is coming from the back of the vehicle? If that is it then it has nothing to do with your car being DSG or not.

Next time you get in your car see if you don't hear it as soon as you open the door.

In any case, it is quite normal. The first I heard of it was with the MKIV R32s.

Yes, mine made the clicking noise, I do believe it is a characteristic so I wouldn't worry about it!

I get this as soon as I open the door.

No need to put the key in the ignition, turn on the electrics, or start the engine: It just happens.

I have always assumed it was the fuel pump and have never worried about it.

The noise happens when the car is in motion!!

Took it to Audi and they said its the exhaust which needs replacing!

I have a 3.2 dsg also and ahve a ticking noise , a single tick as the revs rise past a certain point repeasted as going up the gears have to listen very carefully though ,i believe it's the valve in the tailbox opening at certain revs if you can hear it over the heater fan on full, for example, its probably something else....

the problem was a faulty exhaust.

Dealer replaced at no cost to me :blow: