Cam follower changed at 73K miles

dg-1984

Reaction score
Well a thing I wanted to change when I bought my 2007 S3 was the cam follower after reading posts on the forum.
I think it had never been replaced so glad I managed to change it today.
Easy enough to do, also replaced the HPFP seal and the bolts.

2016 10 29 07 08 31

Reactions: kash_v
Flip, well worn indeed - is this the first time it has been done?

How long have you owned the car?

I change mine every service about every 10k - really don't need to but its not an overly expensive part and its piece of mind at the end of the day!

Reactions: MalcB and dg-1984
Flip, well worn indeed - is this the first time it has been done?

How long have you owned the car?

I change mine every service about every 10k - really don't need to but its not an overly expensive part and its piece of mind at the end of the day!

I bought the car in July so that's me just changed it.
Cars on 73K miles and must be original I think.
Not expensive picked it up for £22.50 delivered off eBay and then got the bolts and seal from Mike off parts section.
Definitely piece of mind, and glad its done.

Reactions: Boydie
Is this something Audi would ever change during the lifetime of a car during servicing etc?
If not then that's a bit of a worry, only reason I changed it was because of this site and all you knowledgeably people.

Wow! Good catch! That could have got so expensive, very quickly.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Wow that looks close to the edge, apparently vag state it as a lifetime part, so 80k is the lifetime???
Changed mine at 58k and it wasn't as bad as that, last one I done this year at 68k for the sake of £30/40 quid and it was barelly worn.
3k plus if it goes with an engine rebuild.

I dont know if its just my imagination but the car seems to be smoother and quieter, but I did also mount the main air feed as it had come loose from the front.