Cambelt Change/water pump - anything else?

IanP19

Reaction score
The S3 is about to have its first cambelt change (coming up to 5 years old). Is there anything else worth replacing while it's apart?

I looked over the other threads and seeing what price people paid and I've rung up 6 Indies and can't find it anywhere near the prices people are quoating. Has there been some kind of sudden price rise!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Soon as you mention to some garages its an 'S3' the price seems to suddenly go up lol.

Change the aux belt too.

get the cam-follower changed for piece of mind too. Shouldn't be more than £80 including the parts. It's a part that should be included on schedule maintenance but isn't, and isn't often changed.

Soon as you mention to some garages its an 'S3' the price seems to suddenly go up lol.

Change the aux belt too.
I did wonder if I was paying an S3 Tax. As some of the quotes make Audi look reasonable.

Not sure what you've been getting quoted but Audi fixed prices for cambelt + water pump is £649 including all parts, labour and VAT. Which isn't all that bad. Same price at Audi for a normal A3 and an S3 under the fixed price servicing.

Not sure what you've been getting quoted but Audi fixed prices for cambelt + water pump is £649 including all parts, labour and VAT. Which isn't all that bad. Same price at Audi for a normal A3 and an S3 under the fixed price servicing.

And on top you get free MOTs for the duration of the car ownership. Not a bad deal.

My local Audi quoted me £599 for cambelt and water pump. Funnily enough I checked the fixed price servicing yesterday and today it's gone up £50.

To be honest I don't trust the Audi dealership near me, they tried to get out of repairing my haldex uniting under warranty. But the dealership I bought the car from where very helpful.

Also when they did do the work under warranty, I mysteriously had 4 nails in 2 of my rear tyres and they wanted £550 to replace them.