Cambelt cover sticker and battery voltage

Audisportconvertible

Reaction score
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fIYGP1CHbBL4x5Bfn9dazDPw#Westerham_-_Biggin_Hill

Checking out how to connect up to run a liquid moly purge on my 1.6 tdi and saw these dates on the cambelt cover.

According to the last owner it’s due October 2021 but what’s this mean? Due 2023?, be read backwards and was fitted in 2011 fitted a year before it was built? Or was it fitted in the future :)?.

Also my auto start stop never kicks in, the battery voltage is testing is 12.3, it’s 14.6 when running though. I know that 12.7 testing is the norm. It it’s fine aside from the stop start never cutting in.

Though Did it when the dash was faulty and and in had no cloaks or dis, but now it’s fixed it’s the auto stop never came on. worth changing the battery?

Last edited:
When was the vehicle registered? Also soooo many things can stop the start stop from working. You need to check the manual for the full list but some of the common ones for it not kicking are:

Ac on,
Heaters set to front screen,
Seat belt not connected,
Faults stored in the engine ecu.

Also from the cam belt point of view it should also say this in the service book but the first one for your engine is due at 5 years after the date of registration then every 4 years after that. I forget the mileage it’s something like 60,000 or 80,000 again it all should be in the service book buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it’s a 2012, no codes and all the other stuffs as with any other car I had where it didn’t have a line through it all the time. Only the battery is low. When the dash was playing up it worked, I’m guessing the battery’s controller was Affected by it.

Think I’ll get the belt done anyway soon just in case.

cheers

Last edited: