Can a Pre FL be mapped to pop and crackle?

James Clatworthy

Reaction score
Hi all!

I was just wondering if it's possible to make an s3 crackle pop, at all?

I've got a full decat and induction kit, so essentially there's no issue in terms of air flow and muffling of sounds.

I was just wondering if it's at all possible as the face lift does it? is there a difference in the hardware on the new car that i might have missed, or is it just software?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Are we talking manual or S-Tronic? Whenever I drove a pre-FL at work it also made the sounds so pretty sure it's not limited to the FL, but only if you have an S-Tronic box.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Pre fl s-tronic pops and bangs like a MF.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Pre fl s-tronic pops and bangs like a MF.
Does it? ~3500 miles in on my PFL and I haven't heard anything other than the 'upshift farts'

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and StevenC95
OK, it farts like an MF?

Reactions: azibux1, pburv and Jassyo06
Does it? ~3500 miles in on my PFL and I haven't heard anything other than the 'upshift farts'

3500 miles **** you've another 5k miles before the engine is really fartin big time.....lol

Reactions: RSS-S3, AudiNutta, azibux1 and 1 other person
3500 miles **** you've another 5k miles before the engine is really fartin big time.....lol
I better get doing some miles lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, pburv and Jassyo06
I noticed a massive change once i hit 10k miles in my PFL. Although my FL has been noisier since new so it'll be interesting to see what it's like with a few more miles on it :)

Si :)

Reactions: azibux1, BarryG79 and pburv
PFL doesnt pop and crackle, i wish there was something out there that would make the S3 do it like the FL models :(

Reactions: StevenC95 and azibux1
Hi all, thanks for the responses! I forgot to say it is actually a manual, and since I posted this I've spoken to a friend who worked at revo, it's possible to get it to pop etc, but there's a bit of hardware necessary, in that a decat is the best route, then a non resonated back box with the centre silencer delete, once that's on the car, you can put a separate map through the drive select button which would essentially delay the fuel injections shutting off and pushing fuel into the exhaust, causing bangs etc.. don't really know if it's worth it, as it's expensive and not the best for the engines health

Hi all, thanks for the responses! I forgot to say it is actually a manual, and since I posted this I've spoken to a friend who worked at revo, it's possible to get it to pop etc, but there's a bit of hardware necessary, in that a decat is the best route, then a non resonated back box with the centre silencer delete, once that's on the car, you can put a separate map through the drive select button which would essentially delay the fuel injections shutting off and pushing fuel into the exhaust, causing bangs etc.. don't really know if it's worth it, as it's expensive and not the best for the engines health

That sucks!! i was hoping there was a safe way to do it just like the FL!! :(

I'm going to keep researching and speaking to people to see if there's a better way, it's the same engine so where there's a will there's a way

Reactions: OliS3 and Fiddie

They get better?! Exciting! Mine is on around 4500 miles, I'm noticing noises from the exhaust different to how they used to sound and the engine is definitely much livelier.

Reactions: Joe4842
I'm not sure if the facelift also has a revised resonator too

I have 30k on my 2015 and if you change the dp and aftermarket exhaust it will crackle/pop just not as pronounced as the FL version. Mine does it all the time, I have usp dp and awe touring exhaust and jb4.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: StevenC95