Can anyone fit an RS DSG gear knob to my a3 dsg 2.0 tdi 56 plate?

Nigella can do this... @NHN ...whether it will be economical including travel (depending on where you are) remains to be seen.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 885
Nigella can do this... @NHN ...whether it will be economical including travel (depending on where you are) remains to be seen.

Located in Nottingham. Although I can meet someone a bit closer to their location, or drive to them. Thanks, I've PM'd him.

I did it on my c6 rs6 mate.

It's a ****** pain, I just don't no whether I'd like to do it again haha.

I'm in Peterborough by the way so not far!

Thread revival. Can anyone do this for me please? @NHN I know you can do this dude lol But I've messaged you so many times and not received a response. If you can do this for me, then great.

Also can anyone recommend others? or can someone else do it?

Thanks

go to vwvortex and go with the cut and grub screw technique. over 50 satisfied customers over there and no one has had any issues. its a simple mod and takes around 10 minutes. Nigel was the original burn and twist man and big cheers to him for being brave enough to try but I have had good results with the screw technique

Reactions: lakers1234
go to vwvortex and go with the cut and grub screw technique. over 50 satisfied customers over there and no one has had any issues. its a simple mod and takes around 10 minutes. Nigel was the original burn and twist man and big cheers to him for being brave enough to try but I have had good results with the screw technique

Thanks. I'm struggling to find the exact thread. And I can't really find much on 'the cut and grub screw technique', although sounds very interesting and successful. I'd like to know more about this and how to do it too, if possible please

You're a star! Thanks for that. You certainly have to make sure you've got a steady pair of hands when drilling a small area like that. I've got the tools for this, but now it's the choice between 'heat and twist' or 'cut and screw' .... Hmmmm . I guess it's not as hard as I thought, but it's one of them mods where there's some small but important factors to keep in mind, where the consequences could leave you in a hole...

I am going to attempt this mod. And will be trying the Cut and grub screw method.

I have an RS5 gear knob fitting into an a3. I know the leather gaiter is different hence why I've taken it off...But I have 3 questions

1) how do I get this plastic clip off, that I'm pointing to?

2) does it need to come off?

3) I need to somehow transfer the old leather gaiter onto this gear knob, how is that done?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 120
the only time you pull that green stick out is when you are fitting it to the plastic piece. DO NOT under any circumstances, pull that green stick out and then press the RS button. You can still reset the internals but its kinda of a PITA. Take off old gaiter and pry off the the metal retainer ring. Place gaiter over RS knob and secure with zip tie. take out green stick and gently put in place and you will hear a slight clicking sound. reattach gaiter and your finished. One caveat...I have no idea if the RS5 gear shift is appropriate for your car so before you start this mod, I would check with the experts on this forum

the only time you pull that green stick out is when you are fitting it to the plastic piece. DO NOT under any circumstances, pull that green stick out and then press the RS button. You can still reset the internals but its kinda of a PITA. Take off old gaiter and pry off the the metal retainer ring. Place gaiter over RS knob and secure with zip tie. take out green stick and gently put in place and you will hear a slight clicking sound. reattach gaiter and your finished. One caveat...I have no idea if the RS5 gear shift is appropriate for your car so before you start this mod, I would check with the experts on this forum

I've only just seen your post. Thank you!!! I have completed this mod today. Honestly mate, I can't thank you enough for sharing the cut and screw method with me. I know all the other steps are the same as the heat up method, but from the links you sent us, I managed to gain further info and further tips from a load of different people and links following on from that.

I have taken roughly 20-30 pics of each and every step I took today, so I will produce a guide soon!!

I'm so happy with this mod!!! It's not easy, and you have to have a decent amount of common sense, and you have to be confident.. otherwise there's no point of even trying it

Thanks again dude

Reactions: tcardio