CAN ANYONE HELP SOLUTION FOR SQUEAKY MIRROR WHEN LOCKING AUDI A3 8Y

Hash

Reaction score
I’ve recently noticed my right hand side mirror on the a3 makes a squeaking noise when unlocking and locking as the mirrors are folding in. Has anyone else had this issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 266
Yes I had that issue when the car was about a month old. First the drivers side started squeaking. Took to Audi and they said it was a motor issue and replaced it. The passenger side then started doing it but instead of replacing that, they lubricated it.

Yes I had that issue when the car was about a month old. First the drivers side started squeaking. Took to Audi and they said it was a motor issue and replaced it. The passenger side then started doing it but instead of replacing that, they lubricated it.
Would you happen to know what lubricant your Audi dealer used, as my daughter’s A1 mirrors are also squeaking.

Reactions: Hash
Would you happen to know what lubricant your Audi dealer used, as my daughter’s A1 mirrors are also squeaking.
Unfortunately not. I was hoping for a replacement unit like last time but when I went to collect it the lad just said they lubricated it and would now only replace it if it kept doing it so I was a bit disappointed and just wanted to go home.

Unfortunately not. I was hoping for a replacement unit like last time but when I went to collect it the lad just said they lubricated it and would now only replace it if it kept doing it so I was a bit disappointed and just wanted to go home.
Many thanks.....hope your’s aren’t squeaking any more!

Seems this is getting pretty common now, feels like these guys have never built cars with folding mirrors before!

My 1993 MR2 never squeeked yet I've seen at least 5/6 of the new ones do this.

I had a courtesy car a week ago that had the same issue. Super embarrassing when you lock the car LOL

I have rang the local Audi dealership, they have booked the car in servicing and hopefully they change it, cause the noise has gone from squeaking here and there to loud squeak and like @auzzam_crd says it’s getting embarrassing now

White grease should fix it, I'd remove the glass, cover & try to localise the grease so doesn't make too much mess, worked for me on others mirrors.

I had a loan car for a few days, was a 20 plate with 2000 miles on the clock and both wing mirrors made such a racket, never heard squeaking like it. I greased them both up but it made no difference.

Thankfully my car hasnt been affected