Can belt change cost.

+Daz+

Reaction score
Hi all.
Anybody had their cam belt changed on their S3 and what sort of cost am I looking at?
Any answers greatly appreciated.

S3 is chain driven sir. No need to change supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: +Daz+ and S3Steve
I’ve had a message off Audi saying im due cambelt on my S3 this year... £745 for cam belt and water pump

Reactions: +Daz+
I’ve had a message off Audi saying im due cambelt on my S3 this year... £745 for cam belt and water pump

I was told the same thing when mine went in for a service but I had looked in to it beforehand. All ea888 engines as found in the s3 are chain driven. The previous gen s3 was belt driven.

So no need to change anything then.
How long are chains supposed to last?

So no need to change anything then.
How long are chains supposed to last?

No they don’t need to be changed, they’re supposed to last the lifetime of the vehicle/engine. Funny thing is, even the service advisor at Audi thought it was a cam belt until I told them to double check lol.

So it’s DEFFO chain and not a cam belt? If so I’m 750 quid better of

Stage 2 instead then

Deffo mate, well the plan is TCU tune, then stage 2.. but will need intercooler and downpipe so need some more pennies to save

Funny thing is, even the service advisor at Audi thought it was a cam belt until I told them to double check lol.
'Take your car to Audi to have the professionals look after it'!!!! Bit of a joke isn't it when the service advisor doesn't know :D

Got Revo intercooler,hard pipe kit and sports cat all waiting to be fitted have all the other supporting mods and then will just be Revo Stage 2 map and off I go.

Got Revo intercooler,hard pipe kit and sports cat all waiting to be fitted have all the other supporting mods and then will just be Revo Stage 2 map and off I go.

Sounds awesome, mines stock. I’m only 21 so insurance is still a sticking point with mods, for me personally.

Nice mate! You’ll have to keep us posted how it goes!

I have a 2014 S3 and recently spoke to Audi CS because the website prices up a cambelt for my old reg plate.

The S3 has a chain and is a non-serviceable item
The S3 has a water pump (obviously) which is also a non-serviceable item.

Wonder what would have happened if you had booked it in?

Sh.t would have hit the fan that’s what!

It’s kinda poor how even there own system, that sends out automated messages about services, doesn’t know that my year of car (14) doesn’t need a cambelt service cause it’s a chain.