can i change this panel?

sarahcocker1989

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if I am able to change that black strip between the passenger and rear window on the A3? Someone tried to break in and there are marks where the crow bar was so just wondering if it's something I get get from the scrapyard and easily change?

Cheers

I think there's 2 or 3 rivets that you'd need to drill out. Think it's pretty straight forward.

Not sure if it can be replaced like the 5 door sportbacks but the other option that springs to mind is vinyl wrap and cover the marks up. You would probably need to sand the damage smooth the wrap over it or it might look lumpy.

Hi, Does anyone know what I need to face-lift a 2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro?? It has a double Grill with Fog lights and Headlight Washers, Would like to transform it to a single Grill, S-line if possible, any person who has any spare parts for sale I would appreciate it. P.S as well as Bumper and grill do I also have to buy a new Bonnet?? Many thanks Mick.

Hi, Does anyone know what I need to face-lift a 2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro?? It has a double Grill with Fog lights and Headlight Washers, Would like to transform it to a single Grill, S-line if possible, any person who has any spare parts for sale I would appreciate it. P.S as well as Bumper and grill do I also have to buy a new Bonnet?? Many thanks Mick.

create another thread mate, or just do a search as there is loads of info on that... have a look for a thread made by Ads)

Hi,

Does anyone know if I am able to change that black strip between the passenger and rear window on the A3? Someone tried to break in and there are marks where the crow bar was so just wondering if it's something I get get from the scrapyard and easily change?

Cheers

I changed mine for piano black gloss ones and Paullie has too.

Order the parts from Audi, buy a £5 rivet gun on eBay, the one that comes with a selection of rivets.

Drill out old rivets whilst pushing back the rubber door seal with something like an old credit card, then remove B pillar covers.

Fit new covers and use rivet gun to secure.

All in all, takes no more than 10 mins to do both sides.