Can someone log a block in a MY2007 A3 8P or later.

tbcuprat

Reaction score
Trying to confirm something that I have read regarding a G89 sensor.

I'm after the reading in the second channel.
I have attached a photo for reference.

Module 08 HVAC
Measuring block : 010

Thanks.

G89.jpg

What exactly are you trying to confirm?

At a guess I would think he's wondering why the Fresh Air Itake (G89) is reading -50 Deg C. Looks a bit cold to me, possibly the sensor has failed?

Take this as a stab in the dark though as I have absolutely no experience with VCDS.

lmfao, oops didnt see the minus, my excuse, got home at 11pm from work & promptly passed out non alcohol induced :p

Yep the -50 degrees seems to suggest that something is wrong.

Elsawin suggests that the G89 sensor was being fazed out from 2006 and the reading is nothing to be worried about.
Just need to see another cars reading for this block.

We also can't find the sensor anywhere or it's in the actual aircon unit which involves a dash out, aircon out job just to replace a £20 sensor.

But do you actually have an issue that you've found or you were just browsing with vcds & found that & wondered why?

Yes there were a few changes in mid 07 on the climate side which is why the new chrome style units can be used on the older mid 07/08 cars.

The car had the econ light on permanently. There was no refrigerant or pressure in the system.

It was re-gassed and HVAC was checked on VCDS by my mechanic.
We sought to replace the G89 sensor and failed to find its location

I'm still researching at the moment if this is an actual issue, a red herring or even if this sensor actually exists.

If you check the 20 pin red connector on climate unit, pin 10, see if this has a wire in, if not, then yours would appear to be the newer type that removed the G89 sensor, if the wires present, then you need to find the sensor.

G89 - Fresh air intake duct temperature sensor

It shows approx 4 of these sensor types, all plummed into the ducting & they look accessible.

If you check the 20 pin red connector on climate unit, pin 10, see if this has a wire in, if not, then yours would appear to be the newer type that removed the G89 sensor, if the wires present, then you need to find the sensor.

G89 - Fresh air intake duct temperature sensor

It shows approx 4 of these sensor types, all plummed into the ducting & they look accessible.

Hi Nigel,

I will attempt to remove the climatronic and check the pinout.

I have found four sensors. Only the two outer vents share the same part number as the suspect G89.

Thanks for your help.

Your advice was tip top Nigel.

Pin 10 is empty. So a definitely no G89 sensor and not a reading to be concerned about.

Just curious what other A3's with climatronic and of similar age say when reading this channel on VCDS.

You may consider upgrading climate to the newer chrome version then :)

I think they may already be installed. Well the rings around the temperature selection is brushed metal. Are there different types?

Mine is an 07 S3 and the fresh air intake temperature (G89) reads -50. Just been outside doing a scan as i've got the same problem with the ECON light not going out.

Check your fuses 1st, also G89 is a dash temp sensor iirc, so need to figure out which one, as there are 2, 1 in each side vent area iirc.