Can the Concert III (2010) CD Changer Adaptor Pick up CD-TEXT?

danA3T

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As some of you've read in my previous posts, my motor's got the very shoddy Audi iPod dock, which I'm trying a bit of software hackery to make a bit more functional (useful) - which I'll post up here as a guide if all goes well...

But, my investigations have come to a dead end, as I can't find a definitive answer of whether the CD-Changer connector on modern Audi Head Unit's can receive / decode CD-TEXT via the CD-Changer port which my iPod dock is plugged into?

I would guess it does as the head-unit gets CD-TEXT off regular audio CDs in the built in CD player, but the end-game is to hack the iPod so it sends track info to the head unit as if it were CD-TEXT rather than the useless 'track 1' that it gets at the moment.

Thanks for any help guys!

hi Dan

Did you say you get CD text information on your head unit, i only get track numbers on my symphony multi CD player??

simple answer is no. non of the external interfaces support cd text

concert/symphony ii does not support text internal or external
concert/symphony ii+ does support text internal but not external

Thanks for clearing this up, this is a tree I'll stop barking up in that case. I'm writing a few scripts to control the output of a jailbroken ipod touch and I uncovered the ability to spit out track info down the dock port. Now if there'd only been a way to get the HU to recognise it eh? :)

hi Dan

Did you say you get CD text information on your head unit, i only get track numbers on my symphony multi CD player??

I certainly did, but not all CDs have CD-TEXT on them - in fact it's rare to find an original CD with them on - most are the CDs which I've burnt myself and selected the option to include CD-TEXT. FYI - also plays MP3's and allows you to browse by folder and display the ID3 tags.