Can this be repaired?

majeric

Reaction score
So, my numpty neighbour decided to pull out of their drive and reverse into the side of my a3.
Was a towbar that caused damage.

Question is, can this be repaired?

82e9bfba01007e5c27c3baa22d361f1f.jpg

fef17497c10bf03bfecf92b09d35c7de.jpg

1e63ee6f282f05d6ca19a811aa93dfb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just give it to the insurance mate, cause that a new door assuming u can find a second hand one in yhe same colour, the actual door frame will need to me pulled and work on plus sandıng repairable etc although insurance will likely write it off depending o age and mileage of car

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Just give it to the insurance mate, cause that a new door assuming u can find a second hand one in yhe same colour, the actual door frame will need to me pulled and work on plus sandıng repairable etc although insurance will likely write it off depending o age and mileage of car

It’s a 61 plate a3 2tdi Quattro black edition with 174k.
So probably yes, it will be a write off.

Reactions: e9_mustii
100k miles + instant write off, can always buy the car back and have it repairs with the insurance money or use it towards a new car :) although you do have the option to repair it privately as long as the garage is insurance repairs approved and quote is reasonable

100k miles + instant write off, can always buy the car back and have it repairs with the insurance money or use it towards a new car :) although you do have the option to repair it privately as long as the garage is insurance repairs approved and quote is reasonable

Urgh! This is the second a3 that I would have had written off!

May need to switch brand.

Atleast its not your fault and no ones hurt mate, dno dude get some quotes

Atleast its not your fault and no ones hurt mate, dno dude get some quotes

Yeah.

Tbh, I think I’ll let it go.

Need a full service, cam belt (and water pump) service.

Insurance came back with Total Loss but they are going to refer it to an engineer.

Im really struggling to find alternatives to the a3 Tdi Quattro black edition.

Any thoughts?

Happy days!

My insurers approved bodyshop looked at the car and said no way is it a write off!

Damage is about 2k’s worth of work, and they’ve valued the car at 5.5k. So perfectly acceptable to repair it…albeit a long repair.
They have to cut the quarter panel out and weld a new panel in, as well as a new door.

That's good news then. Do you get a courtesy car whilst yours is being repaired?