Can't decide what to do/choose

Saral

Reaction score
I had my heart set on a turbo blue edition 1, with c and s and ambient lighting. Mainly for the seat covering as every picture I've seen of an S line has wrinkled leather seats

I dawdled about ordering and now I see ambient lighting has gone? And am wondering what else will be gone by the time it is built if i ordered one

There are 2 new cars available at dealers, both S Line, red with ambient pack and wheels I like and a turbo blue with wheels I'm not keen on and no ambient pack, I'm heading towards the red, but am i forever going to regret not getting the turbo blue?

I had my heart set on a turbo blue edition 1, with c and s and ambient lighting. Mainly for the seat covering as every picture I've seen of an S line has wrinkled leather seats

I dawdled about ordering and now I see ambient lighting has gone? And am wondering what else will be gone by the time it is built if i ordered one

There are 2 new cars available at dealers, both S Line, red with ambient pack and wheels I like and a turbo blue with wheels I'm not keen on and no ambient pack, I'm heading towards the red, but am i forever going to regret not getting the turbo blue?
Turbo blue in most weather/lighting conditions looks washed out a faded ...av had a Turbo blue Audi and sold it just because I couldn't live with the colour so go with the Tango Red especially it being in stock

I had turbo blue edition 1 personally I love it I saw it and knew I wanted that colour and I love it even more in person
4e76734a6fe8e3883cdf87b30c825904.jpg
34236c7b82444079fd873b07905d9191.jpg
365f43e2a21262a7cf686efb60d60b36.jpg
ecb1e4c571c2a3ba8f15a80585f6ceab.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Turbo blue in most weather/lighting conditions looks washed out a faded ...av had a Turbo blue Audi and sold it just because I couldn't live with the colour so go with the Tango Red especially it being in stock
Thanks for the replies, funny but my mam thinks it looks faded as well, that looks great Lulu, I do prefer it with the black surround though, rather than the S Line silver

Reactions: JustLulu
Thanks for the replies, funny but my mam thinks it looks faded as well, that looks great Lulu, I do prefer it with the black surround though, rather than the S Line silver
Ye I didn't like the chrome either you can only go with your gut have you seen the colours in the flesh ? After seeing the blue I'd have been disappointed with any other colours

Ye I didn't like the chrome either you can only go with your gut have you seen the colours in the flesh ? After seeing the blue I'd have been disappointed with any other colours
I've seen turbo blue, the actual red I'm not sure as you don't notice it as much, or you are never sure if it's the exact colour

I originally spec’d an SLine Turbo blue, without actually seeing one in person. Thankfully about 3 months after ordering I saw one in person. It changed my mind straight away! Maybe it’s the silver accents on the blue, but it just didn’t do it for me.

So I changed the next day to Daytona grey. Red Audis look great and I would’ve had red, but my previous A3 was red and wanted a change!
Also the blue is a solid colour, the red is metallic!

My S5 is Tango Red and wife’s Q3 is Turbo Blue. My old TTRS was Turbo Blue too so have got some experience of living with both colours. Brother has a Turbo Blue A5 also.

Turbo Blue
- Stands out - very noticeable - gets lots of comments
- looks great when clean but can look grubby when dirty
- can look different under different light conditions- sometimes it can look quite dark sometimes it can look quite light or faded per the comments above
- weird one but it makes the Q3 look bigger than the same model in red, grey or white. Clearly it’s not but again have had a couple of comments in this.
- holograms / swirling from washing dont seem to be as visible.
- personal view / preference it needs the black trim to provide a contrast and really show the colour to its best. With the silver trim it seems to loose some of its intensity - brothers view was his A5 looked insipid compared to the Q3 which has the full gloss black / titanium grey package.
- been around for a fair while now

Tango Red
- more subtle than Turbo Blue but still has plenty of presence
- metallic rather than flat - really pops in the sunshine when polished
- dirt not as noticeable - seems to need less washing
- needs a bit more care when cleaning - holograms / swirling from washing more more noticeable than the turbo blue
- as per turbo blue imo works better with the black optics package
- not as common at least on the Q3 and S5

Different colours suit different cars but the different styling options including trims and wheels can massively impact on the overall look too and therefore need to be considered too. I’d probably go for the red one but Get a picture of both cars, put them next to one another and go for the one you think looks and like the best Assuming they are a similar price

Ambient lighting wouldnt be a factor for me - got on both the current cars and after setting it once it’s not been touched.

enjoy whatever you choose

Reactions: AdamInKent and Charlie Farley

Like both colours but it was red for me.

Attachments

• A3 Exterior 8.jpg
    A3 Exterior 8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
  • A3 Exterior 2.jpg
    A3 Exterior 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
Reactions: MA3RC
Thanks for the advice guys, as it stands red is definitely the one to go for

Thanks for the advice guys, as it stands red is definitely the one to go for
I went for turbo blue and I'm not regretting, looks gorgeous and sporty, i had a black A3 and was great, but the blue is amazing

Go with your gut. Colour is subjective. I love Navarra blue but my mate thinks is a boring “old man navy colour”.

Spot on above!
The Turbo blue is very similar to the old Fiat Coupe 20v Turbos and was a very popular colour, it looked different in different light conditions, so one minute it looked amazing then another time a bit washed out.
It definitely needs to be Without Chrome trim to look its best, but as already mentioned it will be your car, its what you think that matters, not anybody else.

Well, my A3 is red, so maybe I'm biased. If you don't like the wheels on the blue car, is there a chance you could persuade the dealers swap the wheels with another A3 in the showroom to get the style you want.

turbo blue its for sure great color , looks nice in any light and got already many comments how nice it is
20220522 124632

Reactions: SquidGame
Turbo blue is the worst blue paint Audi has introduced for sometime but it does suit the A3's shape more than most other Audi models...5 years ago l got a 8v FL S3 in a colour called Voodoo Blue then around 8/9 months later Audi introduced Turbo blue to some of their models, folks on here used to say that Turbo Blue was Voodoo blue .....nothing like it side by side in the metal....although when photographed on phone cameras it looked similar. In general Audi's standard optioned paints are mediocre at best ...gone are the days when mostly all of their paint colours where spot on
Turbo blue Voodoo Blue and here is Sharks Blue...aka Turbo

Attachments

• 20200704_062922.jpg
    20200704_062922.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 83
  • 20210815_171252.jpg
    20210815_171252.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
  • 20210815_171252.jpg
    20210815_171252.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • received_2256197174532211.jpeg