Capa 3.0tdi crank pulley failure

Ginge247

Reaction score
Anyone changing the aux v belt, I would recommend changing the crank pulley as well. I changed the water pump, and tensioner with the belt but not the crank pulley and it has now failed. I see this used to be an issue on the earlier engines.

Attachments

• IMAG0441.jpg
    IMAG0441.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 868
Reactions: bobby singh
Wow, will have to keep an eye out for that, how many miles has the car done ?. I assume the centre part that is broken is some kind of rubber as it's supposed to be a vibration damper as well as a pulley.
There appear to be three different part numbers for that pulley, not sure what the differences are between them.

Karl.

Wow, will have to keep an eye out for that, how many miles has the car done ?. I assume the centre part that is broken is some kind of rubber as it's supposed to be a vibration damper as well as a pulley.
There appear to be three different part numbers for that pulley, not sure what the differences are between them.

Karl.
Think I said wow when it happened, or f@$k, one of the two anyway haha. Car has done 78k. Yeh I've looked up the part numbers, the ones ending with AA and AS seem to bring up the same aftermarket part from corteco, so they must be the same. The rubber has gone hard so it's obviously started cracking until it just fell off. Luckily it happened right outside my house just as I got back from work!

The rest of it off the car. Just waiting for the new one now and some new bolts.

Attachments

• IMAG0443.jpg
    IMAG0443.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 961