Car back in dealers tomorrow, booked in with no time limit!!

L33TAY

Reaction score
Its back in for the 11th time tomorrow, they have booked me a courtesy car indefinitely!

Still radio signal problem, can't get radio signal in the car, amongst other things, loose panels rattles etc, most have been of already and refitted, second time round now.

Upto now on the radio issue they have replaced:

2 rear screens
Amplifier
RNS-E headset
wiring in car

Still exactly the same, so they have said they havent a clue whats wrong with it, so they are plugging into computer and Audi are logging into it for readings and offering suggestions, but not come up trumps yet!!

Its a strange one- anyone else ever heard of this before??

Cheers

as sub39h said demand a new car worked for me

as sub39h said demand a new car worked for me

+1! We don't pay this kind of money to have these problems, especially so soon! Sounds a little unlucky to myself as not many of us come across any problems from brand new like yourself

To be honest I am getting to that way of thinking, but didn't think they would ever do that??

Who do I go to for that, Audi UK?

To be honest I am getting to that way of thinking, but didn't think they would ever do that??

You'll be surprised how often it does happen, quite a few on here have mentioned it, one quite recent.

I would speak to the main dealer, if there you have no luck then take it further to Audi UK

Yep Audi Uk, few of the guys got an email address think it is jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk
Sure the other will confirm, mate serious email them about all the problems and your dealer cant sort it out. I'd demand a new car from my dealer your being too soft with them. i'd demand a new car after it going there the 3rd time lol

Last edited:
i had a problem for 4 months after getting my S3 about a month in it started talked the the salesman who sold me it to me exprested my feeling of lost faith in the car and he arranged a meeting with the head of buisness as the dealership you just have to be firm about what you want i got a new car at no cost 2 new tyres for current car a free service and first service on my new one all free

You cant demand a new car for a radio problem especially if they give you a new loan car. Things go wrong... thats life. Don't bother Jeremy Hicks until you have exhausted negotiations with the dealership.

Last edited:
Hi,

Don't contact the dealer, just go straight to Audi UK. I did after my water leak. Speak to Isabel, Richard or Jeremy Hicks himself.

Explain, don't rant about the situation saying what has happened. Say you have had previous audi's and you have saved up for a number of years for this "dream" car.

David

Hi,

Don't contact the dealer, just go straight to Audi UK. I did after my water leak. Speak to Isabel, Richard or Jeremy Hicks himself.

Explain, don't rant about the situation saying what has happened. Say you have had previous Audi's and you have saved up for a number of years for this "dream" car.

David

You use your last resort first its a mistake. I got a lot of help from Jeramey because he realized i had exhaust all other avenues first.

Cheers for the replies so far guys, I will see what happens this week, if still not resolved within 2 days I'll get the car back and start the emails rolling.

You cant demand a new car for a radio problem especially if they give you a new loan car. Things go wrong... thats life. Don't bother Jeremy Hicks until you have exhausted negotiations with the dealership.

well in theory he can based on my (albeit limited) understanding of the Trade Descriptions Act. the car was advertised as having a radio, which it doesn't. therefore it's not of satisfactory quality.

i agree with you to go thru the dealership first tho. as you say, if you go to the head honcho and he says no then you're screwed straight off the bat.

Last edited:
You use your last resort first its a mistake. I got a lot of help from Jeramey because he realized i had exhaust all other avenues first.

totally agree, i was mis-sold. got told my car had auto fold mirrors, couldnt work out hw tol fold them & it turned out i had hill hold instead of them? so after a bit of research i found out Hill hold was standard and they were pureluy trying to fob me off.. contacted Jeremy hicks and it was sorted and booked in for work a week later. But as paddy said mnake sure you exhaust all other avenues first, i had spoken to every tom,**** & harry i could prior speaking to the man himself.. was quite funny cause i went to Goodwood festival of speed not ling after and he was there.. didnt have the bottle to go up to him and say cheers for sorting me mirrors out though! haha!!

I suspect its some form of damage somewhere not found as yet to the coax from front to rear, possibly a kink or break, have they actuallu tried using a new piece of coax to test with just laying through the car?

Well when I had problems with my TTR I got no where fast, In 12 months it was faulty for 6 of them, then from 12 to 18 I managed a few hundred miles, 3 months it sat at the dealership. the speedo read just over 3000 miles and about 800 of them was back and forwards to Audi and them testing it.

Norwich Audi said at 13 months they would do a vehicle rejection, Audi UK said yes, then lo and behold Norwich realised I got it from another Dealer and said I had to take it to them, that dealership said No, No way hosaye, Audi Uk said it was not down to them to force the issue, the dealership had to do it.

The car was hopeless, The dealership basically said tough T*tty ( in not thoose words), Audi Uk offered £1000 towards the delaership buying it back off me, they told me it was worth £20K and I payed £30K for it 18 months earlier, bearing in mind it had about 3000 miles on the clock, they told me the £1000 would only be paid by Audi UK if I sold it back to them , so I would get £21K for it. They told me they would try to sell for £21K to 22K on the forcourt.

1 week after it was on for 24K, what liars they were !!!, anyway not going back to that Dealership again, they didnt even care that I had just spent £23K on a new A3 just a few months earlier. If I had of known about Jeremey then I would of sent him an e-mail.

Norwich Audi is the place where I am getting my next one from.

totally agree, i was mis-sold. got told my car had auto fold mirrors, couldnt work out hw tol fold them & it turned out i had hill hold instead of them? so after a bit of research i found out Hill hold was standard and they were pureluy trying to fob me off.. contacted Jeremy hicks and it was sorted and booked in for work a week later. But as paddy said mnake sure you exhaust all other avenues first, i had spoken to every tom,**** & harry i could prior speaking to the man himself.. was quite funny cause i went to Goodwood festival of speed not ling after and he was there.. didnt have the bottle to go up to him and say cheers for sorting me mirrors out though! haha!!

Ungrateful git. :haha:

Roof kept jamming - eventually they then got an Audi fix for it
mirrors didn't fold all the time - Never found fault with that after replacing several parts
kept stalling and rough idle - they said it was because it didn't get used much
boot trim fell down as warped - replaced
roof lining came away from rear window - refitted
auto wipers intermitent problems - never found fault
door handles kept sticking on open so door wouldn't close - they said it was because it didnt get used much
Seat Belts wouldn't return to normal position - eventually they then got an Audi fix for it
Storage flap was seized - replaced
Leather seats looked like 10 years old and sagged like done 200K - Audi UK knew of problem but no fix, apparently Audi brought a fix out for this after car was sold.

Very disappointed with a £30K 57 plated TTr.

****** hell, I reckon the dealer probably thought you deserved it for buying a hairdressers car...........................

Nah serious note, did they want the scissors & clippers back aswell?

Ok real serious note now, stone the crows, thats a shed load of problems, cant believe this story, which dealer was that again?

It was a dealer about 80 miles from Norwich, not in Suffolk or Essex.

I was pretty peeved with them to say the least, In the end I was just glad to see the back of it, it caused me so much hassle, they didnt even give me a loan car while it sat there for months as they said I was wanting to reject it still, great customer service not.

I would love to know the poor sod that bought it from them.

£9K for approx 2500 miles of driving, thats nearly £4 per mile.

I really miss that hairdryer !!

Latest Update.

Another new amplifier, they have a brand new sales car there that they have swapped the head set out of, and they have asked if they can put a new coax cable in from front to back, which means a strip out of most of the car, so have just said do it.

Will see if that sorts it.

Also at least the panels will be fitted back properly, as I think the robot in the factory that built mine was malfunctioning on the day!

My advice mate is to tell them to temporary do the coax as in lay in the car & get working, only when tested 100% working without stripping, they should then strip & fit properly, but be warned, the coax wont be removed as existing is wound into existing looms, they will not replace that whole lot, so will just lay new inside the panels, make sure they cable tie the new to existing or it could have an annoying noise when driving, I always cable tie new/old looms in place so no movement unless it has foam pressured on the cables, then I cable tie at certain points so cant move under foam as such.

Well

Got the car back after 2 weeks, they say they have sorted it out, but get 1/2 a mile down the road and hardly any stations on the radio.

I have had it now, and haven't got the energy to carry on with this.

Is there an aftermarket radio solution that can be fitted to the car, something like a digital radio fitted into the glove box, and plumbed into the main RNS-E??

Any ideas?

Was your car at Avp last year having the exhaust fitted with the springs if it was I sat in it and har a mess with it and couldn't get a radio station .
When I jumped in to my s3 I had all the stations and mine was parked behind yours

Hi mate, yes it was, I'm glad you said that as I wasn't sure how long this had been going on for, but that tells me, as it was in AVP 1 day after picking up from the dealers.

I really don't know what to do from here, think I'll have to get a wind screen one that pics DAB up, and write to Audi UK in the meantime.

I bet they didnt even do half what has been suggested, well I would have a go at it for you, but of course at a cost which is defeating the object of having a warranty huh chap, but seriously they must be able to even test this out of the car aswell, I would run a seperate supply to the unit, get rear window & wires & connect up & test that way as a last resort, prove it outside of the car 1st then try in the car with all new wires, process of elimination.

I bet they didnt even do half what has been suggested, well I would have a go at it for you, but of course at a cost which is defeating the object of having a warranty huh chap, but seriously they must be able to even test this out of the car aswell, I would run a seperate supply to the unit, get rear window & wires & connect up & test that way as a last resort, prove it outside of the car 1st then try in the car with all new wires, process of elimination.

Think I'm ******* in the wind with Audi mate, however, based on the above, is there any way of converting to digital radio, you could do that if it were an option?

TBH mate I reckon e could test/maybe fix your issue, it cant be many things, going down the dab route is expensive, why should you have to do that anyway, how about you ask them for a detailed list & I mean detailed of what they have done so far, have they changed the head unit yet?

You could get a pure Highway....google it, its an option i looked at for digital radio in A3/S3. Until Audi pull their finger out and are dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century its the only real option for the 8P platform.
Rock on "Planet Rock" :)

Hi Paddy

I've looked at these, have you got one, and if so, are they OK signal wise when you are driving all over? Or do they break up?

Cheers

Surely you're not going to leave your new car like that, I'd fight hammer & tong to get fixed, if they dont, then new car bottom line or refund.

I,m sure he will get it fixed Nige but the Pure Highway will add digital as well. Reception is Dependant on area but it will only get better as more transmitters go digital. Main hassle is wires!! IMHO !! thats what put me off in the end. Its a little worrying when a main dealer cant get a radio to work !! I think even i would be organizing a mini riot in the showroom by now....

Paddy lets be honest here, when did you ever do anything mini lmfao

Yea you are right !...........Death threats it is then :mad: Horses head on the passenger seat of the MD's A8 might work ? :)

I'll get the italian connection on it 1st thing tomnorrow, right after there church visits

I have seen Italian church visits !! Don't they then go too the crematorium to cheer them selves up again after :) when my brother married an Italian i thought her family were going to make me wait outside come the church service ......lol

Surely you're not going to leave your new car like that, I'd fight hammer & tong to get fixed, if they dont, then new car bottom line or refund.

Nah, I'm not going to let it lie by any means, I'm going to monitor it over the next couple of days, and when it goes off in areas i'll make a video diary of the none existent signal. Then I will demand they loan me a new or same age A3/S3 to take out to the same areas and show them the comparison. Think this is the only way I can 100% prove it is so *****! Also they said they had changed the headset, however, that is a lie, as all my existing locations are still in the satnav!!

I'll then send the info to Audi UK and demand they either sort it or replace the car/refund me.