car broke into no forced entry!!!!

The_don

Reaction score
Went out to my s3 this morning to find everything in there had been stolen no sign of forced entry no marks anywhere.?????

Now i know i locked my car last night at 10pm i have it so it chirps, i always wait for the chirp before going through front door.

So somehow someone has managed to open it without keys. Rang the police this morning and the woman tells me she has heard of same problem before where they scan the keys frequency and open the car, and i need to ring audi and get keys recoded. audi booked me in for recode £72 but then when i asked what is to stop them just scanning new frequency and doing it again they couldn't answer and said someone must have another key and you can't get into the car like that.

so now what to do????

Crap! What did they take? Just the rnse or seats too?

no didn't even take my rnse just took bout £120 cash, bank cards, wallet and few other things had in boot. Bout £600 worth of stuff altogether fuming...

no didn't even take my rnse just took bout £120 cash, bank cards, wallet and few other things had in boot. Bout £600 worth of stuff altogether fuming...

C***s

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MarkpS3
Wtf, knew this problem exists with Land/Range Rovers and BMWs, honestly didn't know we shared it!

yea I'm ****** thing is i live on a quiet cul de sac which you wouldnt know was there unless someone told you, and i can't see people driving around with these tools looking for any car.

all can think is from when I've uploaded a pic of my car online it was outside my house with location settings on my phone and they've come looked for it but if they've got tools to get in surley they would take it...

Have you got keyless entry? As above, RR very bad for this as are BMW/MINI but when I bought mine the sales guy said Audi don't favour keyless as its too easy to bypass. Hence its an option on most models.
I echo the 'C' word above. Only had one car broken into and again no damage and not keyless! Car was also double checked before bed as I still do.

No its not keyless either its a 2007 S3

Very strange. Although they or whoever possible were in a car park parked next to you and go the key frequency and then followed you which I think is more worrying.
Audi are robbin sods charging you £72 and can't say it won't happen again. Was that for both keys to get re-done?

How are the dealer, not AUDI, robbing sods for charging for there time to work on your car, its not there fault it was broken into & they cant pay peoples salaries, nice showrooms, etc without charging & that is a cheap amount as usually minimum hours charge which is £100 upwards these days.

As for how, I suspect they had a key, who has sophisticated equipment to scan, remote unlock & then nicks just those things, it doesn't add up at all, they would nick the car usually with this level of equipment, personally if its a concern, just use the key in the door for now, then if there's a scanner, they wont pick up the remote signals.

How are the dealer, not AUDI, robbing sods for charging for there time to work on your car, its not there fault it was broken into & they cant pay peoples salaries, nice showrooms, etc without charging & that is a cheap amount as usually minimum hours charge which is £100 upwards these days.

As for how, I suspect they had a key, who has sophisticated equipment to scan, remote unlock & then nicks just those things, it doesn't add up at all, they would nick the car usually with this level of equipment, personally if its a concern, just use the key in the door for now, then if there's a scanner, they wont pick up the remote signals.

My opinion that it's steep to effectively put a key into a holder attached to a computer and press a few buttons. In general terms dealers are extremely expensive to get work done at when out of warranty or in OPs situation. If you think otherwise let me know the dealer you use.

I suspect they had a key, who has sophisticated equipment to scan, remote unlock & then nicks just those things, it doesn't add up at all

Thinking about things, it doesn't add up. Even if they had another key surely they would take the whole car? Don't get me wrong, thank God they didn't, but you know what I'm saying...

Reactions: grchmason
Thats what i thought if they had a key car would be gone, unless they tried to start it and couldn't. They did go through everything in the car tho maybe looking for a valet key or spare

Ive read a few stories online today where people have had same thing and items have just been stolen out the car but why not the rnse aswel.

Will be sat by the window all night tonight with the dog on lookout in case they come back

Thats what i thought if they had a key car would be gone, unless they tried to start it and couldn't. They did go through everything in the car tho maybe looking for a valet key or spare

Ive read a few stories online today where people have had same thing and items have just been stolen out the car but why not the rnse aswel.

Will be sat by the window all night tonight with the dog on lookout in case they come back

And a baseball bat, with video mode enabled on your phone.

I'd only need one opportunity with scumbags like this, they wouldn't do it again.

Interesting - when I went to test drive my car at the dealer some time back there were three keys in the bundle. The car was unlocked with a key but wouldn't start with that key. The salesman then tried another key in the bundle and the car started. The dealer kept the key that was not coded to the immobiliser ...

And a baseball bat, with video mode enabled on your phone.

I'd only need one opportunity with scumbags like this, they wouldn't do it again.

Hehehehe I don't wanna give away much but I got sumthin for them if they try there luck again

Interestingly my a3 in Clapham (2004) was broken into last night too. No forced entry. Again sure I locked it. Glove compartment and boot and small change raided. Must be a gang. V annoying. Anyone sure of how they do it? Scanner or blocker/jammer or generic device that unlocks all vulnerable cars? (Determines if I bother reprogramming keys)

I'm pretty sure that if you loose a key you can get a new one cut. Then program out the old key. The old key will still be able to open your car but not start it. This is what I was told by Audi.

Was it only the drivers door that was open? Or were both doors opened?

Interestingly my a3 in Clapham (2004) was broken into last night too. No forced entry. Again sure I locked it. Glove compartment and boot and small change raided. Must be a gang. V annoying. Anyone sure of how they do it? Scanner or blocker/jammer or generic device that unlocks all vulnerable cars? (Determines if I bother reprogramming keys)

Hmmmm...getting abit close to home...what area is the OP from??

@The_don did the car not lock the first time at some point? I've read about a technique to get into people cars a while ago - http://www.wired.com/2014/08/wireless-car-hack/

In summary, this is how it works:

Jammer/signal logger is kept close to the car
When the victim tries to lock the car remotely, the tool records the key sent, but jams the transition from the key to car at the same time.
Victim tries to unlock the car again and the same things happens, but this time the tool sends the previous, recorded signal and the car unlocks.
Now we have a recorded and valid key that can be used later by the scum to unlock the car without the remote

The stored key is valid for some time, depending on manufacturer, but these keys are known not to become invalid for extended periods and the car can be unlocked some time after it was locked.

I've also read that there are now other tools coming on to the market, as mobile devices become more powerful, which opens the door for brute-forcing the keys within a few minutes.

You can buy a vag lock picking key for about £15 online and I've been shown on my own A3 how the drivers door lock can be opened in less than a minute. In this situation you obviously need to stop the alarm from sounding but this sounds more plausible than a key code recorder being used just to break in.

To start the car you require the code that's transmitted from the key to the immobiliser but I'm not sure if this is the same signal that's used for the central locking. I'm sure NHN will know more.