Car collection day

listers_socks

Reaction score
Morning all, on my way to collect my S3 today. Currently on train 1hr into a 4hr journey to Southampton.....

Will try and get some pictures up today but ended up getting confirmation Monday I was moving house yesterday so it has been a manic 48hrs!

Reactions: Chris.D, S32B, JimmyMcGee and 8 others
Excited to hear what a former F80 M3 driver thinks about the S3 ;)

And congrats with your new car! :sign welcome:

Reactions: listers_socks
@listers_socks collection day at last. Enjoy and we look forward to the pics. :)

Wow I wanted the F80 M3 badly after my 340i but went S3, quite a change??

Yes with the house move it meant freeing up some money with the savings from the S3 compared to the F80. Very much enjoyed the M3, best car I have owned but looking forward to the S3. Will try and do a comparison but they are very different cars!

Morning all, on my way to collect my S3 today. Currently on train 1hr into a 4hr journey to Southampton.....

Will try and get some pictures up today but ended up getting confirmation Monday I was moving house yesterday so it has been a manic 48hrs!
Enjoy, I’ll be making that same train journey in a few months (the same destination anyway). Hope your collection meets your expectations in every way and look forward to the pics

Ah Southampton Audi... thats where my S3 was born :) Enjoy!

Id imagine very different but from my experience on the 340i, I noticed the benefit in traction and reduced possibility of ending up sideways etc. Really reassuring in comparison to the BMW but less rewarding. I have to try so hard just to hear a screech of rubber never mind loss of traction. I Think you will be happy with the move as long as you don't expect the M car roar performance and oversteer.

Id imagine very different but from my experience on the 340i, I noticed the benefit in traction and reduced possibility of ending up sideways etc. Really reassuring in comparison to the BMW but less rewarding. I have to try so hard just to hear a screech of rubber never mind loss of traction. I Think you will be happy with the move as long as you don't expect the M car roar performance and oversteer.

No I am keen for more traction!

I am expecting a more civilised car with more grip, better interior and good performance. It’s the right car at the right time for me. I did think about the 340i but with the new model slow to be released and also the fact it would be perhaps too similar in some aspects to the F80, I decided against it.

Congrats @listers_socks ! Can't wait to see the photos and to hear how you've specced it. I hope your first, and subsequent, drives are just what you wanted.

Seeing several people pick up their S3s today which makes me smile. (and also makes me even more impatient to get one!) Safe travels home @listers_socks

Sorry it has taken a while to reply, after a lovely long drive home I was straight into unpacking and putting together furniture.

I will look to upload some pics later, very pleased with the car. After some boring motorway driving it was nice to come off onto familiar roads and I am looking forward to taking it out some more soon. So busy with house move I haven’t had a proper chance yet.

Experience with Audi wasn’t great though, turned up and then had to sit and wait 25 mins for car to be “brought over”. After which it was parked outside and someone went through the inspection and usual interior guide.

It is getting detailed next Wed so asked them not to wash it, they very much took that to the letter and they didn’t. Nor did they take any of the protective stuff off or the writing on the windscreen in that car salesman pen. Interior as well hadn’t been hoovered etc and the car mats were in the boot and I had to put in myself. Might write an email to them just so perhaps next time they maybe treat someone else a bit better. Not sure if it’s because I was via DTD as a broker or whether Audi are usually like that? Last two BMWs from new I have asked not to wash them and they have removed all bits that Audi left as well as just pressure washing the car and cleaning inside ready.

But the car is great, love the interior tech and the colour with the new love/hate alloys looks great to me which quite frankly is all that matters. Pics to follow...

Reactions: Andy F
Experience with Audi wasn’t great though, turned up and then had to sit and wait 25 mins for car to be “brought over”. After which it was parked outside and someone went through the inspection and usual interior guide.
It is getting detailed next Wed so asked them not to wash it, they very much took that to the letter and they didn’t. Nor did they take any of the protective stuff off or the writing on the windscreen in that car salesman pen. Interior as well hadn’t been hoovered etc and the car mats were in the boot and I had to put in myself.
That is absolutely terrible customer service.....no way should any dealer hand over a car like that....I would have been furious! :rage:
I also asked my dealer not to wash or polish my car when I picked it up, but naturally all protection stuff was removed and the interior was spotless with mats fitted, as you would expect.
Glad you are happy with the car otherwise though. :)

That is absolutely terrible customer service.....no way should any dealer hand over a car like that....I would have been furious! :rage:
I also asked my dealer not to wash or polish my car when I picked it up, but naturally all protection stuff was removed and the interior was spotless with mats fitted, as you would expect.
Glad you are happy with the car otherwise though. :)

Yeah it wasn’t until today when I was telling a friend what happened that I thought that isn’t right! So have emailed the dealer and my contacts there to give feedback. Hopefully they will take comments on board for next person collecting....

Yeah it wasn’t until today when I was telling a friend what happened that I thought that isn’t right! So have emailed the dealer and my contacts there to give feedback. Hopefully they will take comments on board for next person collecting....

Sorry to hear about the bad audi customer service i would of been fuming .

Glad your enjoying the car so far . How many miles did you clock up driving home ?

Shocking, although I have to say waiting around in an Audi dealership even when you have an appointment is not unusual.

It's got much better in my local dealership, not perfect but moving in the right direction.

Sorry it has taken a while to reply, after a lovely long drive home I was straight into unpacking and putting together furniture.

I will look to upload some pics later, very pleased with the car. After some boring motorway driving it was nice to come off onto familiar roads and I am looking forward to taking it out some more soon. So busy with house move I haven’t had a proper chance yet.

It is getting detailed next Wed so asked them not to wash it, they very much took that to the letter and they didn’t. Nor did they take any of the protective stuff off or the writing on the windscreen in that car salesman pen. Interior as well hadn’t been hoovered etc and the car mats were in the boot and I had to put in myself. Might write an email to them just so perhaps next time they maybe treat someone else a bit better. Not sure if it’s because I was via DTD as a broker or whether Audi are usually like that? Last two BMWs from new I have asked not to wash them and they have removed all bits that Audi left as well as just pressure washing the car and cleaning inside ready.

But the car is great, love the interior tech and the colour with the new love/hate alloys looks great to me which quite frankly is all that matters. Pics to follow...

Gutted it took the shine off the collection for you but if I’m honest, not mega surprised on how you were treated and I kinda have low expectations when I follow in your footsteps. DTD get the car deals through fleet and pass the pretty substantial savings on to you and I obtained through bulk purchase and maybe a less polished service. Those typical Audi receptions you and I will be used to get paid for by the margin the dealers make on these cars (and extortionate service cost hahaha) so I’m not shocked if part of the price we pay for a mega deal is a less polished collection. No excuse, just low expectations. Glad you like the car and hope you get the move done swiftly. Stressful time to get a new motor

Got a reply to my email, which has actually made things worse.

Had a reply which basically said you asked for it not to be valeted and so it wasn't.

Also as I bought via a broker and chose to collect, then at that dealer order was via fleet and they are in separate buildings and so you wont get showroom experience and the car has to be driven the 20 mins to the dealer from their warehouse....

So beware anyone expecting red carpet treatment picking up your car when purchased via DTD and them!

Gutted it took the shine off the collection for you but if I’m honest, not mega surprised on how you were treated and I kinda have low expectations when I follow in your footsteps. DTD get the car deals through fleet and pass the pretty substantial savings on to you and I obtained through bulk purchase and maybe a less polished service. Those typical Audi receptions you and I will be used to get paid for by the margin the dealers make on these cars (and extortionate service cost hahaha) so I’m not shocked if part of the price we pay for a mega deal is a less polished collection. No excuse, just low expectations. Glad you like the car and hope you get the move done swiftly. Stressful time to get a new motor

Yes don't have high expectations and you will be fine! The guy even said in his email that there should be no difference in buying via a broker compared to direct but in his email it highlighted that there clearly is with a few examples!

It is what it is though, did reply giving some facts back to him including that I had pre-arranged arrival time so why wasn't car there, that it might be useful to explain to customers who are collecting their process to manage expectations and also that not asking it to be cleaned should that equal condition it was given to me in. Don't expect anything from this, but maybe for the next DTD one to collect they put a little more effort in!

Reactions: Baldyone
Sorry to hear about the bad audi customer service i would of been fuming .

Glad your enjoying the car so far . How many miles did you clock up driving home ?

200 miles return journey!

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Baldyone

Had a reply which basically said you asked for it not to be valeted and so it wasn't.

Also as I bought via a broker and chose to collect, then at that dealer order was via fleet and they are in separate buildings and so you wont get showroom experience and the car has to be driven the 20 mins to the dealer from their warehouse....

So beware anyone expecting red carpet treatment picking up your car when purchased via DTD and them!

To be fair they’ve only done what you’ve asked and you’ve got it no thrills, not saying that’s right but dammed if they do..... Be interesting how you find it v an M3.

Reactions: wab172uk and listers_socks
Was the train journey pretty straight forward? Sounds like a really stupid question that I know but I think the nearest station maybe isn’t on the main line from London so a change maybe needed, that’s also assuming you came from up north Everywhere is north to Southampton :)

To be fair they’ve only done what you’ve asked and you’ve got it no thrills, not saying that’s right but dammed if they do..... Be interesting how you find it v an M3.

On its own I might be more positive and have a similar opinion, but coupled with other things it did disappoint me. I only asked for it not to be washed - I said it was having the paintwork detailed at a later date. I never mentioned not to valet it, the writing on the windscreen though, I mean come on!

Reactions: quattrorally and TYb
Was the train journey pretty straight forward? Sounds like a really stupid question that I know but I think the nearest station maybe isn’t on the main line from London so a change maybe needed, that’s also assuming you came from up north Everywhere is north to Southampton :)

I came from West Wales so go to Newport, then onto Romsey then short stop to Chandlers Ford. The main Southampton ones are not close to the dealership.

Reactions: Baldyone
That is shocking service >They obviously don't care about DTD customers but it may bge the same with normal customers .
I would inform DTD that you are not impressed and also contact the CEO of Audi Southampton and let him know as well , It maybe won't do any good but you never know .
Enjoy the new car and house .

On its own I might be more positive and have a similar opinion, but coupled with other things it did disappoint me. I only asked for it not to be washed - I said it was having the paintwork detailed at a later date. I never mentioned not to valet it, the writing on the windscreen though, I mean come on!

Yeh that’s fair, I think I missed that bit 1st time around.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and listers_socks

Funny one this. From speaking to detailers, the ones I've spoken to actually say keep the protection film on, as it'll protect the paintwork from scratches. They'll remove it all and detail. Same for the interior. So for me, I'd have actually asked for protective film to be left on. But as you don't have it booked in till next week, the car will look a bit naff.

So for me, the Dealer has done probably what others has asked for in the past. Before most dealers didn't care about if a car was detailed, or was getting detailed. Lots of story's about people instructing dealer not to wash the car at a service, only to collect the car and it's been washed, and swirl marks left. My local dealer is pretty good, and recognise people detail their cars. Mines never been washed by them, but I do leave a sign on the dashboard saying "do not wash car"

I've never ordered a car through DTD or carwow. Instead used their price to get my local dealer to price match. The only guy I know who did order through DTD got a pretty bad service too. Car took 12 months to arrive, where mine arrived within 3 month. We suspect that his car kept getting resold on the dealers build-slots, so they could sell that spec of car quicker to someone who walked into their dealership.

My friend got a car through Carwow (I actually negotiated for her) and it was from JCB500 in Boston. Service was no different to buying directly from them, the guy was very nice, waited for him a few minutes and then went through paperwork etc.

I think moral of the story is to spell out to the dealer line by line exactly what you want if you want no prep so there is no confusion.

No prep to one persone could literally be - car as it comes with film left on etc
No prep to another person could be remove film and all packaging but do not clean

Still no excuse for a crappy Dealer handover though.

Will also be interested to hear comparison v the BMW M3 and look forward to pics :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and wab172uk
My new car was delivered to the detailer completely untouched y the dealership, but to be fair this is happening before I collect the car so it will be fully detailed when I collect it this morning.

My detailer asked the dealer to deliver it to him this way, as most of the time it can actually get more damaged removing all the transport materials.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
So some pics finally, obviously will post up the better ones once detailed next week....

IMG-1563.jpg

IMG-1565.jpg

IMG-1566.jpg

IMG-1569.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, oli356, Reggieboy71 and 13 others
So some pics finally, obviously will post up the better ones once detailed next week....

IMG-1563.jpg

IMG-1565.jpg

IMG-1566.jpg

IMG-1569.jpg

Lovely car. Those wheels look much better in real life than in the Configurator. I really like them, contrast well with the grey bodywork.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and listers_socks

IMG-1563.jpg

IMG-1565.jpg

IMG-1566.jpg

IMG-1569.jpg

Agreed ... colour looks really smart and works perfectly with the alloys and gloss black trim.

Will look ace when its all detailed.

Shame about the service, but as others have said can see how it occurred, however, regardless of where you placed the order you'd expect the same service (at least I would). Anyway car looks stunning, no doubt you'll enjoy it, S3 is a great all round car!

Looked at getting these alloys for my Navara Blue. Car looks awesome, hope the experience at the dealer doesn’t sour the new car.

Some more pics today after i gave her a little detailer approved clean :icon thumright:

Haven't had a chance to drive her much at all, also keeping any more miles off before detail if i can. Initial thoughts for those interested when comparing the M3. The S3 even now is very much a point and go car in comparison, it corners like on rails and you can chuck it into corners and it accelerates out of there with little fuss. It doesnt have the general sound or the kick the M3 did on drop down but i didnt expect it to. So far so good.

IMG-5906.jpg

IMG-5907.jpg

IMG-5908.jpg

IMG-5909.jpg

IMG-5910.jpg

IMG-5911.jpg

IMG-5912.jpg

IMG-5913.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, Reggieboy71, TYb and 6 others