Car driver eventually proved to have killed a motorcyclist

I am lost for words @jdp1962. No regard for life and no remorse at all! And whilst I agree with Judge's statement I don't agree with the sentence given to him. 8 years for intentionally causing death is not a punishment. He should be spending rest of his behind bars and it is not just him but anyone proved guilty of man slaughter should be punished the same. One less scum amongst us would do society no harm it will actually be a huge favour! And I know I might sound a bit harsh or extreme in my views but hey, we are all entitled to have an opinion and a view!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost and jdp1962
I read that a couple of days ago. Very interesting read and yes the Judge's comments are spot on. Persistance certainly paid off here.

Its amazing what collision investigation and forensics can uncover after any fatal accident , been at a few over the years where the police found initial stories from those involved have been proven wrong.

As a motorcyclist, this story is both disturbing and shockingly, not isolated.
There are people out there who just cannot be trusted out on the road, but to willingly collide with a motorcyclist, who is extremely vulnerable without introducing speed, and then cause his death, is totally inexcusable.
I take my hat off to the determination of the Policeman who pursued the investigation to it's conclusion.
I also admire the Judge, who didn't hold back in his summing up, of a complete psychopath.
The sentence however, was completely inadequate, although, that is the fault of the restrictions on sentences, not a criticism of the Judge.

In five years he could be out but that family have to live with it every single day for the rest of their lives,terribly sad

Reactions: Jake 61 and V6_Man
Just read the whole story, and 8 years is nowhere near enough for him. Total denial all the time, trying to cover up to marks on his car. Plus all his previous convictions!

Fair play to the policeman who persevered to get the proof that was needed.

I do have a question about the other witnesses though: so they were driving along the M4, saw the Mini too close to the bike, then saw the bike spinning along the road and did not stop?? That is amazing for me to read...

I only ride a 125 at the moment but it's mental seeing the amount of people that get their **** in their hand about being overtaken, especially in traffic or at traffic lights, I've "accidentally" removed a few people's wing mirrors as they've tried to close in to stop me getting through. See exactly the same thing when I'm in my car, will overtake someone doing 60 at a safe speed, leave plenty of room before and after etc then suddenly the same person is right on my rear bumper or overtaking.

Everyone has places to be, not worth getting wound up over, certainly not worth killing someone just because they're going a bit faster than you

As for the other witness not stopping they could be charged with leaving the scene I would think even though they were not involved , Maybe they were in front of the accident though so maybe not.
A lot of people are afraid to stop at accidents etc etc so that's possibly an excuse .