Car feels sluggish after using e10 petrol

Audicfc

Reaction score
Ever since using e10 fuel at asda about 10 days ago my car feels like it has lost some of the acceleration power when putting my foot to the floor in my 2014 1.8 tsfi, i put in £15 before i noticed it was e10 on the fuel pump, i thought this wasn’t coming in till september so wasn’t even something i thought of before i started filling up ? I usually fill up at costco which is still e5 petrol but after filling up with £50 e5 95 ron from costco a few days later i still feel like the car is a bit slower than it usually is, could the e10 fuel be the cause of this ? The only other thing i have done is topped up the oil with 500ml of castrol to get it slighty above the half way mark before a 4 hour round trip which was same day i filled up with £50 e5 95 from costco

Yeah I'm not looking forward to E10 considering I only use Vpower currently.

I'm used to the price increase, every week vpower is more expensive, just under £80 for a full tank last week...300 miles later all gone :/

I only use V power as well but thankfully it is going to still be at the pump for some time. I also have the advantage of LPG on mine as well and at 58p LTR its great value at 40 quid for 270 miles. Some engines will be fine on the E10 though. I have checked with Audi and my big lump should fine.

I've had a couple of tanks of E10 now and can't say I've noticed any performance difference, nor is there any logical reason there should be.

What has been widely reported is worse economy with E10.

Ever since using e10 fuel at asda about 10 days ago my car feels like it has lost some of the acceleration power when putting my foot to the floor in my 2014 1.8 tsfi, i put in £15 before i noticed it was e10 on the fuel pump, i thought this wasn’t coming in till september so wasn’t even something i thought of before i started filling up ? I usually fill up at costco which is still e5 petrol but after filling up with £50 e5 95 ron from costco a few days later i still feel like the car is a bit slower than it usually is, could the e10 fuel be the cause of this ? The only other thing i have done is topped up the oil with 500ml of castrol to get it slighty above the half way mark before a 4 hour round trip which was same day i filled up with £50 e5 95 from costco
Hi so where you been filling b4? If the care were more swifty?
I always used shop market fuel stations and I remember once I tanked at shell diesel and the car was swifty.. I could feel difference.. But when I went back to fill after two weeks it wasn't swifty anymore

Hi so where you been filling b4? If the care were more swifty?
I always used shop market fuel stations and I remember once I tanked at shell diesel and the car was swifty.. I could feel difference.. But when I went back to fill after two weeks it wasn't swifty anymore
I usually fill up at costco as its close to me but was too late one night and had to go to asda, i’ve had few fills up with costco fuel now and car feels back to normal again, the easiest way for me to tell it was sluggish before way how fast it could hit certain speeds in 1st and 2nd gear when putting the accelerator to the floor

I usually fill up at costco as its close to me but was too late one night and had to go to asda, i’ve had few fills up with costco fuel now and car feels back to normal again, the easiest way for me to tell it was sluggish before way how fast it could hit certain speeds in 1st and 2nd gear when putting the accelerator to the floor
Hmm strnge and what about shell ? Have you been there ? Have you tried?

No i’ve never tried shell but there is one 5 mins away from, i’m probs spoiled for choice as there is a costco, tesco, asda, esso, bp and shell all no more than 5-10 mins away but usually just go to costco as usually cheaper majority of the time