Car going up for sale...am I mad

Bigandbald

Reaction score
I love the S3, what a great all rounder BUT I need more doors.

so I'm going to advertise the S3 tomorrow and look for a suitable Seat LCR, am I mad or is this a good choice, any advice chaps?

Why do you need more doors?

Lcr in the dry is suppose to be quicker due to weight and no power loss from Quattro
They still look a decent package to be honest

Link up your for sale advert :)

Don't do it!! I take it the car needs to be more 'family friendly'?? I have had many different types of cars over the last couple of years and some of those were 3 doors. I have just bought my first S3 and cannot believe it took me so long to own one of these amazing cars. Power, stability, looks and pretty good fuel economy for a fast car too.
I have 2 kids and although I know it would be easier if I had 5 doors to get them in and out the car, they don't spend as much time in the car as I do and for that slight inconvenience of having 3 doors, I am prepared to live with it in exchange for driving an amazing all round car :hubbahubba:

Yep, I have 2 kids and it's just a pain in the *** and the wife is giving me grief, so thought I'd try and get something similar. Will put it on eBay and link to the classifieds tomorrow

If its the main car with the family then rear doors do make a big difference

Problem with 3dr as well is that doors are bigger and less gap to get an opening in car parks these days.
Good luck whatever you decide

Iv had a LC all be it not the R. Was a great car. Was played with a bit..Got it to just shy of 265bhp which was wicked in a straight line but didnt cope too well round the bends..As a family car it was good..Plenty of room for my 2 little uns.
There bigger now hence no need for more doors.
:yahoo:

As far as swaps go, it's a pretty good move. it's a chassis and engine you know, and a more involving drive, and more practical.

Sure, for the few times a year it snows you'll be worse off, and you'll actually have to engage a brain when driving in the wet, but otherwise, it's a decent move.

My wife had a mk5 golf 5 door and now has a 3 door scirocco if anything the 3 door is easier than the 5 door. You get better access to the kids as you slide the seat forward so theres more room in front of them.