Car hit while parked

Cooper82

Reaction score
I haven’t yet made it a year since I got my license and my car got hit from behind by another vehicle while attempting to parallel park early morning. I wasn’t in but my dashcam saved the clip. I have watched the video last night and it was quite dark to see if there is any damage. It seems it was a minor bumper hit but need to check later on. On my way to work this morning I noticed a rattling noise for about 5 minutes that disappeared. I check under the car and nothing seems out of place.
I guess I have 2 options, if there is no visible damage leave it as it or report it to their insurance.
What ****** me off is that the driver just walked off without acknowledging what she has done.

If the dash cam got the registration number take the film into a police station and report the driver for leaving the scene of an accident or if possible find out where they live and call them and advise you are going to their insurance unless they pay for any damage.
I would get the car checked up on a ramp at a good garage or the dealer where you got it before reporting it..
Keep us informed .

Reactions: Cooper82
Thanks for that. Got the registration and managed to contact her insurance company as well. Over the weekend I had a look at the rear area and no visible damage took place, hoping no need to take it further as I am concerned it could increase my premium even if not at fault.

Thanks for that. Got the registration and managed to contact her insurance company as well. Over the weekend I had a look at the rear area and no visible damage took place, hoping no need to take it further as I am concerned it could increase my premium even if not at fault.

Take it from me, it will. Even if you don't make a claim.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
I had my BMW 4 series convertible hit whilst parked in a car park , they drove off after doing £3600 worth of damage, my premiums went through the roof even though I was nowhere near the scene, I lost my no claims of over 25years and felt so let down that I changed insurance companies, the government need to investigate and further regulate the industry as it very much needs it

Cooper 82
How did you get on ? Did you get the car checked on a ramp just for unseen damage ?
Did you take the tape into the police and make a complaint ? I would Scum who hit cars and leave should be held responsible ....

Reactions: Cooper82
Cooper 82
How did you get on ? Did you get the car checked on a ramp just for unseen damage ?
Did you take the tape into the police and make a complaint ? I would Scum who hit cars and leave should be held responsible ....
Hi,
Car was checked and there was no visible damage. I did contact her insurance company before the car was properly checked and provided the footage to them.

I had my BMW 4 series convertible hit whilst parked in a car park , they drove off after doing £3600 worth of damage, my premiums went through the roof even though I was nowhere near the scene, I lost my no claims of over 25years and felt so let down that I changed insurance companies, the government need to investigate and further regulate the industry as it very much needs it

You only lost your no claim because you didn’t protect it. You made a claim so you start back at zero. What you should have done if you found the car involved was go through the third party. Either way you should protect you no claim bonus.

I had protected no claims , it’s the biggest scam out there ask any insurance rep

You normally only get a max of 9. You would have a 2 or so year reduction on that. Even if you have twenty years it’s still only 9. How could you have lost it completely? What did you lawyers say who were acting for you.

I didn’t have any lawyer, only two insurance companies in the Uk allow non fault accidents to not affect your protection, if you are in the Uk read the small print

I claimed for the damage as it was over 3.5k I then lost all my no claims even though I had no claims protection, as I said read the small print in the terms and conditions......

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Wow that is pretty messed up. Going through the 3rd party would have helped you here, but inevitably they drive off . Nearly better to have paid out of pocket in the long run.

Reactions: Simon Lowe