Car in for mapping on Saturday

s3gazz

Reaction score
Been a long time coming but the car is going in for mapping Saturday carnt wait 3 years latter ha.
The question is what will it make hoping for over 320 bhp owt else is amazing as I've never had anywhere near that before 282 bhp is the most it's been.

spec below

BBT turbo spec
Compressor is a 2283 sized wheel but with a 7+7 blade design. Modified compressor housing. Custom made k16 sized turbine wheel 55mm/46.5mm . a ported and modified turbine housing. Upgraded bearing kit. 15psi uprated actuator.

Fully rebuilt engine
I.E rifle drilled rods
AGU polished and ported largeport head fully rebuilt.
AGU high comp pistons
B5 v2 tip
OE revised DV
Relentless V3 ported a lot mani
Big toyo intercooler
Jetex filter
550cc genesis injectors
Devils own Wmi 50/50 mix
Power gasket
3" downpipe and decat
Milltek cat back non res
Inline fuel pump.

Been a long time coming but the car is going in for mapping Saturday carnt wait 3 years latter ha.
The question is what will it make hoping for over 320 bhp owt else is amazing as I've never had anywhere near that before 282 bhp is the most it's been.

spec below

BBT turbo spec
Compressor is a 2283 sized wheel but with a 7+7 blade design. Modified compressor housing. Custom made k16 sized turbine wheel 55mm/46.5mm . a ported and modified turbine housing. Upgraded bearing kit. 15psi uprated actuator.

Fully rebuilt engine
I.E rifle drilled rods
AGU polished and ported largeport head fully rebuilt.
AGU high comp pistons
B5 v2 tip
OE revised DV
Relentless V3 ported a lot mani
Big toyo intercooler
Jetex filter
550cc genesis injectors
Devils own Wmi 50/50 mix
Power gasket
3" downpipe and decat
Milltek cat back non res
Inline fuel pump.

I know you can't compare like for like, but the same turbo internals made 348bhp on the k03hybrid.. So it can flow the numbers.. Hopefully 320bhp will be a breeze..

Ye hopefully dan might surprise everyone too hehe. It's getting mapped by rich at unicorn

Reactions: s3dave
I know you can't compare like for like, but the same turbo internals made 348bhp on the k03hybrid.. So it can flow the numbers.. Hopefully 320bhp will be a breeze..

Dan do u think it could flow more as the k04 is bigger than the k03

Rick doesn't have a dyno at his premises, my S3 feels plenty fast via bum dyno when he remapped it though. Off to dynotech tomorrow to satisfy my curiosity :)

Dan do u think it could flow more as the k04 is bigger than the k03

For clarity here, No.

The ko3 version made those numbers at very low revs as a byproduct of 'ALL THE BOOST' when pushed well beyond it's limit, in a state which it could never sustain.

A more genuine figure from the ko3 based turbo's is low 300's.

In the ko4 frame, you'll hopefully see north of 320bhp, although take airflows with a pinch of salt as they are notoriously unreliable on hybrid setups.

if I were you, Id want it done somewhere on a dyno, or at least take it to a dyno afterwards.

Also, regarding the above, it shouldn't be taken as negative.

I think Dan's turbo's are awesome, and he is without question THE man to go for for turbo's these days, but nobody can perform miracles, there will come a point where a larger turbo is the only way to move on, for k03 based stuff, that's low 300's.

will you get a dyno plot from rick?
yes bill he's putting it on his mates dyno.

prawn thanks ill hope it will make north of the 320 mark and ill ask him to update it on here with the progress if he will