car locked in audi dealership

Xedos

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know anyone who works for/ or is security for Docklands Audi. We visited the dealership earlier this afternoon, near to closing time and went for a walk, came back and have now been locked in. We have tried the police and nobody knows the security company that runs the site number. We have been here since about 4pm :( Does anyone know anything.

Thanks

James

I could call a mobile number but its half eight on a bank holiday......set the alarms off and am sure you'll be released

They put the barrier down and put floor posts in, so we are locked in the car park. No one seems to know anything; not the police, not Audi Assist or Insurance.

I'll pm you the number I know and see how you get on

The Police must have a keyholder listed for the alarm company surely?

Can you physically get out of there??
If so, go home and come back to collect your car tomorrow, claiming the expense from audi for locking you in!
If you can't get out, call the police and explain that you will die if you have to spend the night in a carpark. They'll then come and save you.

Dunno how you've managed to be there for almost 5 hours.

We spoke to the Met control centre and also a local PC on the beat. They do not cover the site. They do not have 24 hour security. We tried some of the local recovery companies also that sometimes recover vehicles to the site. Alas they didn't have any keys. The police didnt have they keyholder details for the past 3 years.

Can you physically get out of there??
If so, go home and come back to collect your car tomorrow, claiming the expense from audi for locking you in!
If you can't get out, call the police and explain that you will die if you have to spend the night in a carpark. They'll then come and save you.

Dunno how you've managed to be there for almost 5 hours.

We remained on site, in the hope that security would see us. There are cameras everywhere. Unfortunately we are 60 miles away from home on a bank holiday. Worse still my wife has to go to hospital tomorrow morning :(

We remained on site, in the hope that security would see us. There are cameras everywhere. Unfortunately we are 60 miles away from home on a bank holiday. Worse still my wife has to go to hospital tomorrow morning :(

Sorry to hear that mate. Can only wish you good luck!

I'm in East london also so can help with directions/travel advice if it comes to it and is needed.

But as said, if you can get out then I would leave the car and get out, get a cab home and back in the morning, then bill audi for it. They shouldn't be locking people in!

Hope it works out.

There must be the details of the alarm company/emergency contact posted somewhere on the site surely!

Very strange post this.....

Well our best guess is to wait until morning at the moment, and wait till they open. We are currently at someones house using the internet. We were not at Audi for service or anything just looking. I bought a new A3 in 2006 that has nothing to do with it. We were just looking. As far as I can tell this is no ones fault but our own for not realising Audi closed at 1600 and not 1630 :(

so your car is stuck in there not you ?

Our car is stuck, we stayed with the car for 3 hours, we are over the road, with people who are helping us out. Worse case is we get a hotel for the night and wait till tomorrow morning. I guess its looking like that at the moment.

I thought you were in a showroom with all the Audis at your disposal......kid in a sweetshop springs to mind....reality is not as good

Dam, bad luck, you've probably already done this but is there a 'This Site Is Protected By Blah Blah Security' sign anywhere? Normally they have a phone number somewhere on the sign?

Or is there a sign for emergency glass repair?

The Ibis Hotel just up the road does cheap rooms for £60 if thats any help...

www.accorhotels.com

who wants some audi parts then... obviously a Audi site with no security! All those cars to our disposal! How stupid!! Im sorry for your prediciment, i would pay a passing chav to put a brick through the window of the show room!!! i bet someone turns up then!

Hope you get sorted!

We're just gonna have to call it a night a go in tomorrow morning and collect the car. Its pointless now trying. We did call all who we could even the company that made the barrier. But they were also closed. I will not do anything brash just to get the car out. It would cost other peoples time.

lol, yeah sorry to hear, but Jonnie has a point

If this is real

Did you park in a dealership and go for a walk off the premises. i.e you want a free car park? Or were you looking around the cars?

I would have chucked something heavy and damaging through a window of an office or showroom to see how long it takes them to come down and let you out. Probably 20 mins for someone important to come down and let you out...

I know its wrong but i would have lost it after that much time. Then again i would'nt be so freakin stupid in the first place. No offence.:icon_thumright:

I live near Docklands, I'll drive past later to see if there are a couple of human sized ice blocks in the carpark.

If it is a case that he left his car in Audi's carpark and went for a walk off premises I would've loved to have seen his face when he returned to find his pride and joy locked in.

Something like this I bet............

monke.jpg

god this thread made me laugh:lmfao:

would not be happy if it was me though

Does anyone know if they got the car out???? Or have Audi kept it and charging parking fees??

Hi,

I pm'd that guy who got the me the mobile number yesterday. Yes we did get the car out at 7am the next morning. Was a loooong night. In answer to a previous post. We went to look at an A4, I genuinely thought they were open until 1630. There were no signs about closing times. There was also no numbers for how to contact the security either.

We went off for a walk, came back just after 1600 and it was dead! Lesson learnt anyway.

Where did you go for a walk, did you use the place as a car park (genuine question)??