Car Logbook

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK silly question time, do all cars have a V5C logbook now?

I'm asking because I asked my dad for the logbook for one of his cars, and he gave me the old style V5 one, are these still valid? He doesn't recall receiving a V5C style for the car, and he's had the car for quite a while now.

In the case of a lost V5C, is it just a case of getting a form from my local PostOffice and asking for a new one, probably with some kind of charge thrown in?

I think you don't get sent a new style V5 form, if you change owners, or lose one, then when you get the log book back, it'll be the new V5C forum

All the old style V5's were replaced over a period of about a year. This happened about 3 years ago if I remember correctly. A leaflet with the new style V5C stated that the old one was invalid.

OK, found this on DirectGov, guess I better look for the V5C then lol

From 1 July 2005 all existing old-style V5 Registration Documents will no longer be valid. You may well have been issued with a new V5C registration certificate already. The new certificate can be recognised by its prominent blue front page showing the words "Registration Certificate".