CAR NOT STARTING 2.0 TDI :(

Yaseen1991

Reaction score
Right here goes. So im 90 miles from home on monday last week. Had no probs b4 hand. Just put in £30 diesel ready to hit the road when car cuts owt and aint started since :S

Had it recoverd back home and went to see what the problem is today

First things first went to start it today,no luck, i did realise the clocks read empty, i.e fuel read empty, but theres half a tank in there

Car starts upto about 200rpm and thats it, u can tell it dont want to start

Ne advice welcome

Just to add had cambus free HID's fitted, nw windscreen wipers dnt work

ALSO the fob isnt working either. Car wont unlock with fob, gotta to be done manually...

Disconnect the HID's and try again? Checked fuses? Had it scanned with VCDS?

Ive had the hid's on a about a month or so nw, and the car was fine then so im thinking ther nt fault. Chekd the fuel pump fuse it looked fine :S ne other i shud check?

Also very bizarre, connect it to vcds and just reads blank, like the ecu is giving it no power :S

your HIDs are the fault for the wipers! thats a very well known fault!
have seen some cars running HIDs for about 6 months and then the fault showed up... but it always comes in the end!

as for the car what engine is it? a 2.0TDI 140 or 170? im just thinking if your starting issues are injector related or not?

does the car actually turn over when the key is turned or is it just on the electrics?

Its a 140. Car turns over but struggles to start, ive been told summat to do with fuel pump relay maybee :S just need sun more advice

To be honest mate, it seems pretty serious, i'd just get it down to a local garage that you can trust and let them figure out the issue.

Deffo remove the ****y HID kit, will cost you loss money in replacing wiper motors.

friend of mine just fitted 'good' HIDs that he was told will not affect the car... i told him that the front wipers will blow but he wants to see how it goes... just waiting for the ticking timer to run out on him :ninja:

Car starts upto about 200rpm and thats it, u can tell it dont want to start

so does it start or not ?
with vcds reading nothing id say its a ecu fault
fuses relays etc etc will not stop vcds from reading any faults it may have

It doesnt start and registers nothing on vcds. Just had a friens look at it and nd he says fuel reader problem? :S my mechanic is fully booked till mid nex week, so thats the earliest he can look at it :(

At the moment cars just been used as a big toolbox lol

fuel reader ?
i cant see the pump relay or pump blocking vcds out
when you connect vcds and turn ignition on what does it say ?
does it fail to connect ?

Just had it hooked up and its coming up an ecu relay :S ne idea wich 1 that is?

it could be a relay in the ecu box under the bonnet
they sometimes get flooded out
and it can stop the car starting and alsorts ov electrial problems
so id start there

Hmmm that sounds like a good start. Got a propa diagnostics coming out tomorro, shud b interesting to see what he comes up with