Car protection

What car protection will you be doing to your new pride and joy?

• Total voters
£2500 per chip? Get the whole car resprayed for that man.
Our Golf R has two stone chips, one on the bonnet and one on the bumper, the PPF would have stopped the two chips and at £2500 per chip would have been a bargain.........Honestly
ppf its more then 2500 per stone chip in city like london where we go many idiots

Saving it for the second owner.

More chance of blowing the engine up than substantial paintwork damage.

It ain’t a Lambo ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about some nice furry seat covers as well to save the seats for the second owner?

Reactions: NHN
How about some nice furry seat covers as well to save the seats for the second owner?
Its good point but for me its more to.not make me angry when new scratch show on car or some.idiot will.scratch it

Wow when I started this poll I didn't expect the difference in opinions. But to help with costs I got a quote for the "Track Pack"

Full front bumper
Full bonnet
2x Full front wings
2 x A-pillars
2 x Wing Mirror Caps
Full length side skirts
Rear quarter extended splash guards
Roof strip

Wheel Armour (Wheels ceramic coated)

Full car done in Gtechniq Ultra serum topped up with EXO v4 after a single stage polish.

This was all available for the beautiful price of £2610

These are a bit subtle and cheaper than ppf
Just my opinion:shrug:
Very Similar to what i have on my MK5 GTi ED30. With it being black, they are totally lost, but jeeze make such a difference to all the crap on the sides of the car and also protects the lower front arches. They cost me £55, but not carbon fibre, just a simple black heavy duty plastic

Reactions: pburv
Wow when I started this poll I didn't expect the difference in opinions. But to help with costs I got a quote for the "Track Pack"

Full front bumper
Full bonnet
2x Full front wings
2 x A-pillars
2 x Wing Mirror Caps
Full length side skirts
Rear quarter extended splash guards
Roof strip

Wheel Armour (Wheels ceramic coated)

Full car done in Gtechniq Ultra serum topped up with EXO v4 after a single stage polish.

This was all available for the beautiful price of £2610
Thats a cracking price mate!

That’s crazy. My car will have a front end ppf + Titan Coatings Vulcan all over inc wheels and calipers for around £2k all in.
Vulcan has a flexible rubber like membrane when cured
Who is doing that for you obsidian detailing

Where was this quote from? it’s more reasonable than what I’ve found.

Carttitude in Manchester are advertising £3500+ VAT

Try matt at obsidian detailing based in saddleworth he's the best

Reactions: Waq1
Everyone always says that the detailer that done their car is the best ....Read this statement so many times on detaing forums ...peeps normally quote this when they have no first hand knowledge on how to detail a car and can't be @rsed to find out so they'll just spend between £600 to £800 to get it done by someone who has decided to learn how use a machine polisher ...

Reactions: Mike.46, 8YARWY and RSt3ve
Got to admit this ''paint protection'' is really expensive & i just have regular washing & polishing on mine. This ''Ceramic protection'' products around at the moment also seem to be going mad,they just stick ceramic on everything now!!!!?. What next ceramic wash mits & buckets!!!.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Got to admit this ''paint protection'' is really expensive & i just have regular washing & polishing on mine. This ''Ceramic protection'' products around at the moment also seem to be going mad,they just stick ceramic on everything now!!!!?. What next ceramic wash mits & buckets!!!.
Graphene is the new hype, better then ceramic apparently. I've got some from Ethos in the US to go on mine, we'll see

Graphene is the new hype, better then ceramic apparently. I've got some from Ethos in the US to go on mine, we'll see
If you want to be a total geek about it and you have the spare hour like I did lol this video is worth a watch. @Detail Devil I know you maybe interested.

Reactions: Detail Devil, RS03??? and Joey Slats
If you want to be a total geek about it and you have the spare hour like I did lol this video is worth a watch. @Detail Devil I know you maybe interested.

Thanks I'll give it a watch as that's the ethos stuff I've got, I'm at sea at the mo so still have to wait until I'm home.

Everyone always says that the detailer that done their car is the best ....Read this statement so many times on detaing forums ...peeps normally quote this when they have no first hand knowledge on how to detail a car and can't be @rsed to find out so they'll just spend between £600 to £800 to get it done by someone who has decided to learn how use a machine polisher ...
It always makes me laugh when the phrase "I'm going to get 'my detailer' to take a look" like there's a guy in a cupboard under the stairs waiting to spring into action :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: RS3 S.
I feel compelled to share
I have just collected my car from stu_the_detailer on insta. Based in Essex and I’m blown away.
£400 for a 20 hour paint correction and double ceramic coating. Absolute bargain!
The car looks wet it’s so glossy. It also makes the carbon pop and highlights all the angles.
I CANNOT recommend him more!!

Attachments

• 9F09417B-7D11-4773-B71C-0CE72CB0F7BF.jpeg
    9F09417B-7D11-4773-B71C-0CE72CB0F7BF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 126
  • B84DEB22-81EF-4317-A5F9-3404304BC573.jpeg
    B84DEB22-81EF-4317-A5F9-3404304BC573.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 112
  • 79DE7AC3-76DE-4FAF-9D0B-92885BDAE88E.jpeg
    79DE7AC3-76DE-4FAF-9D0B-92885BDAE88E.jpeg
    911.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 7C57F634-4ABB-48AA-9EC1-BCAF9CEFBA3F.jpeg
    7C57F634-4ABB-48AA-9EC1-BCAF9CEFBA3F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
Reactions: 8YARWY and WilsonRS
I'm not sure I would want a new car 'machine polished' maybe further down the ownership line when it's picked up a few marks etc, machine polishing must surely take some paint/laquer off more so on any sharp edges, my son was a good panel beater/sprayer and has all the kit and does a little detailing every now and then but still occasionally catches an edge wrong and 'nearly' cuts through the paint

I believe its something like 1/2 microns. I can not remember the thickness of audi paint but this is next to nothing of removal.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I would want a new car 'machine polished' maybe further down the ownership line when it's picked up a few marks etc, machine polishing must surely take some paint/laquer off more so on any sharp edges, my son was a good panel beater/sprayer and has all the kit and does a little detailing every now and then but still occasionally catches an edge wrong and 'nearly' cuts through the paint
First thing l do is get the machine polisher out as your only refining the clear coat...all new cars have swirls inflicted by the dealer especially noticeable on the A pillars on the 8Y ie the high gloss black panels.....but each to their own as to what is acceptable

My first job.

Using this on suspension / exposed metal parts.
Stops em rusting so fast.
817fbe8881b3ee3d302882c828adeafc.jpg

Ceramic coatings...............Shelby Ceramic coating won auto express group test, any good?

Ceramic coatings...............Shelby Ceramic coating won auto express group test, any good?

I’m more than likely using this on mine.
39e334ea06143af9054762693dcd44db.jpg

Reactions: Mike.46
I’m more than likely using this on mine.
39e334ea06143af9054762693dcd44db.jpg

I watched a video on that one, the chap reckons the 'skin' darkens the colour and can be tricky to repair as in you need to remove it from the whole panel to avoid light/dark patches

PS: reapir as in repair the coating not the car

Last edited:
anyone can recommend me good company for PPF not far from london ? im not sure if I go full pff or just front
but yes car from new has many swirl marks everywhere

anyone can recommend me good company for PPF not far from london ? im not sure if I go full pff or just front
but yes car from new has many swirl marks everywhere
We've already discussed this!!!! :thumbs up:
I honestly think what @jimbo255 had (Track pack) is sufficient, but of course up to you bud

• Love
Reactions: Mastachaz
I know im just trying to have found few places and have it done soon as this car put too much attention :D
Turbo Blue - what did you expect LOL Like Kyalami Green, it can be seen from Mars by Stevie Wonder with a blindfold on!!!!!! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x and Mastachaz
I’d also recommend Gyeon ceramic coatings. 5 year warranty with them if maintained with their products (which are expensive, granted, but unbelievably good).
My cars done with Gyeon Infinite Type 2.

Reactions: Mastachaz
Turbo Blue - what did you expect LOL Like Kyalami Green, it can be seen from Mars by Stevie Wonder with a blindfold on!!!!!! LOL
Turbo blue is a far more subtle colour than in your face like Kyalami is ....
Besides @Mastachaz moans about everything.....so a pinch of salt is required

• Love
Reactions: 8YARWY, Detail Devil and Mastachaz